Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started noticing some pulling of my front brakes here recently so I decided to inspect it yesterday. My left side outer brake pad was grinding away at an angle and I think the culprit was the retaining pin that the pads also slide on. It had all kinds of rough spots on it as well as a little rust. The other side was just as bad even though the pads were wearing normal. I cleaned them up, took an emery cloth to them and then some high temp grease and put them back together with a new set of EBC pads as well as bled the brake lines (it was past due for that). I went with Vic pads when I changed them out a couple of years ago but man these EBC's really stop the bike. I think Ricz mentioned in the past not to put an EBC HH on the back brake and I can see why because they stop almost too good!

·
Premium Member
6,041 Posts
Good post, I put Lyndall on front and EBC on rear, and change the angle of the foot brake....

Anyways I make it an effort to every year clean the calipers... This includes the pin / bolts / rubbers / pistons....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
Yeah TNXR, HH do have a good bite to them, as you noticed. That's why I like a "softer" pad in the rear for better feathering control - especially in curves.
Speaking of curves, I might find myself doing the curves in eastern Tennessee this coming June if all goes as planned. A MC club I belong to is having a gathering of about 100 people at a state park NW of Winchester. We'll be traveling by car, but no matter, the throttle still goes down when a curve comes up. I can't wait to get back to the SE and chow down on great BBQ again.
Oh...and thanks for that heads up re the brakes.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah TNXR, HH do have a good bite to them, as you noticed. That's why I like a "softer" pad in the rear for better feathering control - especially in curves.
Speaking of curves, I might find myself doing the curves in eastern Tennessee this coming June if all goes as planned. A MC club I belong to is having a gathering of about 100 people at a state park NW of Winchester. We'll be traveling by car, but no matter, the throttle still goes down when a curve comes up. I can't wait to get back to the SE and chow down on great BBQ again.
Oh...and thanks for that heads up re the brakes.
If your in NE TN then give me a shout!

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
If your in NE TN then give me a shout!
Will do. We intend to meander all over your area while we are there. Once we plot our route, I'll post it and ask if you are a way point on it.

·
Premium Member
6,041 Posts
Will do. We intend to meander all over your area while we are there. Once we plot our route, I'll post it and ask if you are a way point on it.
Batam island is immer gerade aus from your side of the pond.... You can't miss it @RICZ

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
Batam island is immer gerade aus from your side of the pond.... You can't miss it
I'll take it under consideration for a future trip. I'll catch you and MotorbikerX on the same drive.

·
Premium Member
6,041 Posts
I'll take it under consideration for a future trip. I'll catch you and MotorbikerX on the same drive.
I always dream of flying to the US and ride around on a older cheap Vic and visit all the forum members.... 2 months would do the trick

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
I always dream of flying to the US and ride around on a older cheap Vic and visit all the forum members.... 2 months would do the trick
I'd give that 3 months, Andre. :grin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts