Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Only 200 miles and the transmission oil is black and low. Using Pro Honda HP4S 10 W 30. Toped it off a bit and its running smooth again. 600 miles before the first change like the owners manual says would really be pushing it.
2017 Empulse TT - Minneapolis Minnesota

·
Registered
348 Posts
Trasmission oil??
First of all if your oil level was low you have a problem, second of all did you change the oiled filter also?
Also 10w30 is not the correct oil to use on a bike

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's interesting. Makes me wonder if the dealer preformed the initial maintenance. I am going to flush it and start pre-ride checking. Running a skosh low seems to really limit the rpms.

·
Registered
483 Posts
He's got an Empulse guys. You know the electric bike.

I recently found one for sale privately. I guess the person thought they would go up in value and bought it to hold on to because it was sitting in their house with no miles on it and wearing a high price tag. I think it would be a fun bike for staying local and commuting.

·
13,048 Posts
BR3TT'S DMZ
do you have to stand the bike up vertical to check the oil.

Do what I ask in red letters to help you and us. If you can see it go to your computer and look

·
Registered
103 Posts
It would be nice for him to post exactly what model if not brand he is talking about. It may indeed be the electric model.

Yep Vicvison is right he does have an Empulse. No wonder everything he has posted sounds like jibberish.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Listing his bike would be nice just so we know.

However, in his defense the thread was created in the Empulse TT forum.

Honestly I didn't even know the Empulse had fluid to change.

·
Premium Member
6,155 Posts
Only 200 miles and the transmission oil is black and low. Using Pro Honda HP4S 10 W 30. Toped it off a bit and its running smooth again. 600 miles before the first change like the owners manual says would really be pushing it.
How do you know what oil is in your bike when there is only 200 miles on the clock ? The oil is in the bike when delivered in the crate ....
Any wetclutch 15W40 will do, ... Is this HONDA 10W30 wet clutch ? And why only 30 weight ? Is is freezing where you live ?

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
6,155 Posts
Ohhhh sorry OP, an IMPULSE ... just change the oil TWO TIMES for the recommending one and do a oil analysis if you dont trust it, then just change it again .... What oil does the manual says to put in your bike ?

Can you PLEASEEEE post some pictures of your bike ? We are interested ....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Electric bike this all makes more sense now.

He's probably scratching his head right now with the replies. I sure was when I read his post.
I thought he might be a displaced HD rider??? Trans oil and all. I'm working on the wifes HD trans at the moment. Changing out 5th gear on one of her bikes, actually waiting for small parts to arrive in the mail at the moment.

I'm sure he isn't aware that every forums posts come up on the Active topics which is where most of us go to see what has been posted on the site during the day.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
BR3TT'S DMZ How do you like that bike so far??

·
Premium Member
8,844 Posts
It would be nice for him to post exactly what model if not brand he is talking about. It may indeed be the electric model.

Yep Vicvison is right he does have an Empulse. No wonder everything he has posted sounds like jibberish.
Electric Jibberish even ....:nerd

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, you have to stand it vertical. A flashlight helps to illuminate the fluid color. Thanks for the advice, I updated my profile with a signature.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Its a great starter bike. I am still building my riding skills so I haven't really evaluated the performance. Its quiet, low maintenance, and has a 6 speed transmission like a gasoline model. There is a 12 volt receptacle under the body panel that I would like to wire with a stereo.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Its a great starter bike. I am still building my riding skills so I haven't really evaluated the performance. Its quiet, low maintenance, and has a 6 speed transmission like a gasoline model. There is a 12 volt receptacle under the body panel that I would like to wire with a stereo.
If you are a new rider and still building your skill set may I suggest this book:
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Proficient-Motorcycling-Ultimate-Guide-Riding/dp/1620081199/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1530940731&sr=8-8&keywords=hough[/ame]

You will find it very useful. No need to buy it even, you can most likely borrow it through your local libraries inter library loan program. Killer book. Intensely practical.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts