Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting my second post out the way. Do I check my oil while on the stand or do I need it straight up.

·
Super Moderator
4,938 Posts

·
12,968 Posts
you don't say what year bike you have. You should read your owner's book to find out how much oil you need to put in. Don't over fill it if anything leave a little out

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help checked it and was half qt low much better then the one qt when I checked on the stand

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why would it be except able to be low if I do more highway riding. I'm mainly in town with short trips on the highway I'm not sure if I understand

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
My level runs spot on the full mark with a full 4 litres bottle of oil.
Non Victory oil here is sold in 1 litre, 4 usually for bike oils, car oils generally come in 5 litres, some diesel oils in 10 litres. And then theres 20 litre (5 gall) drums for those that buy in bulk to really save.
Workshops tend to but in 200 litre (44gal) drums.
Vic oil is the only one that comes in quarts here though HD oil may.... Dunno, never bought it.

·
12,968 Posts
Getting my second post out the way. Do I check my oil while on the stand or do I need it straight up.
why don't you read your owner's book. Read the part that tells you how much to put in. Then leave out a 1/4 quart

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just go my 05 Ness Vegas they did give anything ie. Owners manual, service records got nothing but the keys at the time .But as I have been going through the bike I found that it was low on oil and air in the front tire. Going to change oil and plugs next week then new rubber and she will be good as new. love this bike

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts