Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having this issue with their cheese wedge? Looks like the clear coat (or whatever it is) is flaking off.

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1377210546.898363.jpg

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Time to rattle can them black!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Are you sure that's not the protective plastic you were suppose to peel off when new?

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
That's a 2012 Ness Vision. The hell with Plastidip. Dealer should replace that without batting an eye.

I have been told to keep an eye on my chrome bits on Vics. I expect five years out of chrome, maybe four around saltwater.

Longmont doesn't see much tidal spray.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I thought it might be a warranty thing but decided to just let it go and try to remedy it myself.

No, it wasn't a plastic covering that was supposed to be removed when it was new. It was rather a clear coat type of covering over just the center wedge covering the Ness logo.

So...what I decided to do was to see if I could remove the rest of that "clear coat". With a crap load of elbow grease, and just finger polishing it all came off. The black Ness seems to be on there with more than just paint as it didn't start showing signs of coming off until the very end, and that was just at the center point of the wedge.

What I used is some awesome stuff. I thought my Ness rims looked good before but when I tested this stuff it made my rims shine like chrome. The sealant is quite amazing too. I will see once I actually polish them completely and apply the sealant if it indeed does at it says it will. Protect the polished effort.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts