Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cleaning my Vision this afternoon and was noticing the cheese wedges and how there are two rows of dimples. Has anyone ever thought about putting lights in one of those rows. That is an idea I would like to try but not sure what would be the best way to do it. I am not sure if drilling all those holes out to put in the lights would be a good idea. Then I don't know if the clips would hold the extra weight of the lights. But I think it would look pretty cool to have two V's lit up on the side of my bike.

So Vision riders, give me your thoughts on this or idea's on how to do it an if you think it will work.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Wedge lights

Check out YouTube. There is a couple on there. One with the holes drilled out and a led pod placed behind the wedge and another where they put LEDs onto the holes that they drilled out. I was just thinking of doing this on my Jackpot. I already have orange LEDs on my bike and found some small orange LEDs on eBay that I think would work on the wedge. Let us know if you do it on your bike and I will do the same

·
Registered
121 Posts
Cheese wedge

I have been trying to locate a couple OEM cheese wedges to try it out on so that I still have my stock ones to put back on if I want to. Haven't had any luck yet. Anybody have a stock set they would like to part with?

·
Registered
203 Posts
I did it on my bike. Not the exact color I was looking for but it turned out OK.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ferta:

Where did you get your lights and your wiring? How hard was it to do? Did you just wire the lights into your headlights or did you put them on their own switch? Thanks for the post and the pictures.

·
Registered
203 Posts
These leds came from Lighthouse LEDs. http://lighthouseleds.com/. They are the 5MM with bezels. Be careful of the bezels. They are cheaply made and some of the nuts are irregular and mis-shaped. They are easy to strip out. There were also a few LEDs that I had to super glue into the bezel. They are normally held in by a rubber wedge but some seemed too easy to pull out. The website says they require a 6mm hole but that is incorrect. I drilled a 5/16 hole and it was perfect.

I got the pre-wired LEDs so they were ready for 12v. Wiring them is time consuming. I did a bunch of soldering and heat shrinking and tried to be neat but they are certainly not my best work but you can't see that from your house. :D I also was tentative about drilling my wedges so these are actually a pair I bought off of ebay. I still have my originals and will keep them just in case I want to change back. I already had some LEDs on my bike so I just wired them into the controller with the other LEDs. I ordered 50 LEDs and 50 bezels and it was around $41.50 including shipping.

There is nothing hard about it but it is somewhat tedious.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you Ferta. I will check into this and see what I want to do. I am not much on soldering. I always have a big hump. I think the lighted V would look really good at night. Even thought about wiring it into the blinker switch. Just not sure about that idea.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I know this is an old thread but was wondering if anyone had a pic of the backside of the wedge after they were done. How did you guys wire them in? come on all the time?, add a switch? Just wondering

·
Registered
203 Posts
The wiring on my cheese wedges looks pretty bad. There are 22 LEDs each with 3-4" leads on them. I trimmed some of them up but ran out of patience real quick trying to make them look neat. I did the right side first so the left side came out better. Also, I have a keyless ignition so the key switch isn't in the way on the left. That made it easier as well. As for the controls, I already had some LEDs on the bike that used a wireless fob to operate them. I just tied them into the existing lights so they are controlled with them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts