·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
530 Posts
Ya that looks awesome man. Definitely look into that. And...its probably the rez on my shitty monitor, or the glare in the pic, but is that a red pipe wrap too? Well done if so. That's a good red. I have seen some red that **** looks pink/faded the day it goes on it seems. I'm all about the black and red...tad bit jealous i must say thumb up

·
Registered
530 Posts
I got in close until i was consumed by pixels. What you got going on there? Haha sorry I'm sure you got pics and junk somewhere else already but...

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok before you go blind or breaking your monitor. I used VHT high heat paint of the shields, they were chrome. I used scotch brite to dull the shine and make me gray LOL. The paint didnt hold all that well in some spots. Im looking in to getting the coated red, still looking for a coater, debating on the mufflers. Do I coat them red? Do I scuff the chrome for a more satin look?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Ok before you go blind or breaking your monitor. I used VHT high heat paint of the shields, they were chrome. I used scotch brite to dull the shine and make me gray LOL. The paint didnt hold all that well in some spots. Im looking in to getting the coated red, still looking for a coater, debating on the mufflers. Do I coat them red? Do I scuff the chrome for a more satin look?

Makes sense...well whatever you do post pics. I'm trying to learn all i can about paint. So in 15 years when i retire i can have a nice little hobby to fall back on. YouTube is a wonderful thing...

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That it is. For the plasti dip, all you need to do is clean really good and shoot. If you want to change color just peel and do over.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts