1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
The twin mountains or what ever they were called (the previous owners of Indian) version of the Dark Horse was awesome! Hope this is as good.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I would be shocked if they have overheating issues outside of areas with extreme temps. Just like any business that sells a product they have to evaluate the warranty risk vs savings with a change like this, I can't imagine they saw a problem and said oh well, it saves us $230

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
13,173 Posts
I would think an oil cooler could easily be added. I did it on a number of HD's over the years. If I had one I would definitely add an oil cooler with a thermostat so it could cut off flow through the cooler in cold weather and for faster warm up times.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I would be shocked if they have overheating issues outside of areas with extreme temps. Just like any business that sells a product they have to evaluate the warranty risk vs savings with a change like this, I can't imagine they saw a problem and said oh well, it saves us $230

Stockholders $$$$$$$ That is all they are interested in. cheers

·
Registered
679 Posts
the warranty risk vs savings with a change like this, I can't imagine they saw a problem and said oh well, it saves us $230

And the moto-company has not worried about this since?? May-be the
AMF days when they did build a better bowling ball than motorcycle:ltr::ltr::ltr:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was seriously looking at getting one, but for a thousand for the cooler and gawd knows how much for a passenger seat and pegs, might as well get a classic.

"It can be added by our service department part cost is $318.00 and labor looking around $500. I am sure this is a part they eliminated along with all the chrome to reduce MSRP of motorcycle."

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
$500 to install on oil cooler???? I highly doubt it... Can't be more than a few hr job. The bike is manufactured with a cooler so should be easy peazy quick and breezy to add one after the fact.

·
Registered
692 Posts
$500 to install on oil cooler???? I highly doubt it... Can't be more than a few hr job. The bike is manufactured with a cooler so should be easy peazy quick and breezy to add one after the fact.

$462 installed from the dealer where my wife ordered the Scout. $450 turn key on the apes. Waiting for the fuel gauge price.

·
Registered
20 Posts

That was a quote from my local Indian dealer, even at $ 300 do it myself on a new ride, how much is a passenger seat and some pegs going to run ?

·
Registered
692 Posts
Sissy bar was like $725 and the bags are $1400+ although I am sure you can find those somewhere else for much less.

Most of the time dealers will give you a 15% off your first accessory group purchase which helps too.

At $16,999 +$462 for the cooler (for those that want it) she is still a pretty sweet deal.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts