Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These have been out for a while, what's the long term opinion? Do you still think they're good?

Here's an example of the LED headlight I'm taking about.
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0757353J5/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

·
Premium Member
788 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I believe a handful of members have bought those. Haven't heard from them in awhile... (twilight zone music) :laugh
Exactly why I'm asking, I have the H11 replacement LED's and one stopped working and they are $$$. I bought the above LED headlight and am installing it this weekend.

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Let us know how it goes, and if you think it's worth the investment.

·
Super Moderator
4,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll install it this weekend. It also has the LED trim around the outside of the light, I didn't notice that before.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I have experience with the cheap knockoffs; they aren't as bright and they aren't built as well. I have one. I ended up buying a genuine Vic LED light. Brighter light, better quality.

·
Super Moderator
4,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
40W low 60W high.

The LED H11's I had CLICK

The light pattern is wide and I'm not sure it outshines the H11 halogen I didn't have them for long but it doesn't outshine the H11 LED's I did have for low beam distance. This one lights up the sides more than the H11 LED's did.
The H11 LED's didn't last a year

LED headlight assembly compared to H11 LED bulbs.
Pro's:
Much more side to side lighting
High beam is like a search light, very confined and directed, outshines H11 LED bulb
Halo lighting really stands out
(hopefully they last more than a year)

Con's:
Not as much low beam reach
Can't change out a light if it fails.

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
Just like trying to decide to do cams, I have marinated over that headlight assembly. But I have converted the original headlight to an LED low beam and a HID high beam and I no longer hesitate to ride at night like I used to. Perfect? No, but pretty damn close and it cost less than the assembly and, as you noted, I can change out one bulb if it goes out.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
You can find the genuine Victory LED for around 150 online.
I did consider it but the posts I've read on this and other forums that compare it with the HID setup already on my bike people went back to HID.
It is somewhat tempting to buy one to try it but I have other bits to spend my money on first and I consider the HID to be much better than the halogen of my other bike.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
I have experience with the cheap knockoffs; they aren't as bright and they aren't built as well. I have one. I ended up buying a genuine Vic LED light. Brighter light, better quality.

Had 50,000 Miles and 2+ Years on the Vic LED and still worked fine when Traded .. Well worth it to me and traveled a lot of lonely Dark Roads at Night ..

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
The HID are still brighter, throw more light than the LED, but I ditched them because the LED has a much lower chance of burning out, use less power, run cooler, and gives me so much more room under the fairing for goodies (amplifier). I got around that by adding auxiliary lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
The HID are still brighter, throw more light than the LED, but I ditched them because the LED has a much lower chance of burning out, use less power, run cooler, and gives me so much more room under the fairing for goodies (amplifier). I got around that by adding auxiliary lights.

Burning out? :(

·
Super Moderator
4,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My HID didn't burn out like the LED H11 bulb did, and the H11 LED was not the cheap ones either. CLICK

·
Super Moderator
4,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You can find the genuine Victory LED for around 150 online.
I did consider it but the posts I've read on this and other forums that compare it with the HID setup already on my bike people went back to HID.
It is somewhat tempting to buy one to try it but I have other bits to spend my money on first and I consider the HID to be much better than the halogen of my other bike.
Where? I havn't found it.

·
Super Moderator
4,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just like trying to decide to do cams, I have marinated over that headlight assembly. But I have converted the original headlight to an LED low beam and a HID high beam and I no longer hesitate to ride at night like I used to. Perfect? No, but pretty damn close and it cost less than the assembly and, as you noted, I can change out one bulb if it goes out.
I'm disappointed I bought the LED and not the **** cheap ones either and it didn't last a year.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I'm disappointed I bought the LED and not the **** cheap ones either and it didn't last a year.

Was it the OEM “Beacon” LED light?
Part 2880769

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
The main reason I have passed on buying the Vic LED assembly is whenever a Vic with one is behind me, I can hardly see any light emanating from that headlight in daytime. Not too wonderful for conspicuity.
I installed my LED low / HID high combo many years ago and neither has burned out, knock wood. I could not ask for a more noticeable daytime headlight without dazzling oncoming.

·
Super Moderator
4,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I have a pair of those. They still work, but I swapped them out for the Vic unit.

·
Super Moderator
4,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The halo is noticeable.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts