Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know of a company that makes a conversion kit in order to rid the v92c of the choke? how come a fuel injected bike has a choke to begin with? she really doesn't like to start well in the winters with this ancient device, but once warmed up, she really rides well in the winter. just gotta rid the choke!

muchas gracias!

·
Registered
403 Posts
That lever on the bar is not a choke. It is a high idle lever. All it does is holds the throttle butterflies open a crack so you don't have to keep your hand on the throttle while the bike warms up.

If you don't like it, just take it off, its a simple cable to the throttle body. Your bike will run no different, you'll just have to warm it up by standing next to it working the throttle.

If you are having cold start issues you might want to think about about a simple tune-up. Cleaning the throttle bodies, checking for air leaks, a battery tender on the battery, fresh plugs, etc. will make a difference. Also if your garage is cold some folks have put a simple drop light under the crankcase to keep the oil a little warmer during storage (makes the engine crank a little easier).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that makes some sense now. not really having startup problems, just some warmup. takes a good 10min in the garage to warm up, 15min outside in this S. AZ. wintery windy weather. 3 miles later, she's great. always learning. thanks for the tips!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Been down in the 30s here too for a while and for cold starts 15min is not an option for me as I ride to work 4:30am except 40% rain or ice. My o4 is garage kept, no heat, I give it a 5min warm up after rolling outside then keep it around 2500 up to the interstate (another 5min). Bike is responding well. I keep it calm until I hit the on ramp. Deffinataly a cold natured engine. No problems since we came to this compromise. Lol:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts