Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 60 of 165 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Me; I choose the err on the side of caution and believe in an afterlife. It costs nothing, makes me a better and happier person, and it beats the alternative IMHO.
Believing just in case... and thinking the omniscient creator won't know you're just hedging your bet.

No offense, but that seems like a chicken **** philosophy. Well, as long as you're saved, it's all good.

·
Premium Member
13,723 Posts
Believing just in case... and thinking the omniscient creator won't know you're just hedging your bet.

No offense, but that seems like a chicken **** philosophy. Well, as long as you're saved, it's all good.
I could explain it to you 50,000 ways and I "bet" you still wouldn't get it.

·
Premium Member
13,723 Posts
I wouldn't know anything about that, since I'm a life-long Republican.
These days, just typing that makes me throw up in my mouth a little because of what the party has become. I doubt the party will survive Trump.
If you were a republican at one time; you were GOPe. From a conservatives point of view that's barely a half crazy bubble out from being a dem these days. :wink

·
Super Moderator
6,382 Posts
If you were a republican at one time; you were GOPe.
I had to Google "GOPe". I suppose it stands for 'Grand Old Party establishment'.

Reactions: BBob

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
I could explain it to you 50,000 ways and I "bet" you still wouldn't get it.
You could be courageous and address some of the questions I posed here... or not...

So you have judged me to be a leftist... and I have judged you to be a tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy theorist... So I guess we leave it at that.

·
Premium Member
13,723 Posts
Here's something to ponder re: climate change. Yes, it has changed before. But never has it changed so dramatically so quickly.

https://xkcd.com/1732/ - Data sources are noted on the upper right side of the panel.

Shakun, et al (2012)
https://www.nature.com/articles/nature10915
Marcott et al (2013)
A Reconstruction of Regional and Global Temperature for the Past 11,300 Years | Science
Annan and Hargreaves (2013)
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.394.7943&rep=rep1&type=pdf
HadCRUT4
https://crudata.uea.ac.uk/cru/data/temperature/
IPCC
https://www.ipcc.ch/

But, for a quick idea of just how dramatic of a change that's happening, scroll quickly to the bottom keeping your eye on the dotted line. Then note what you see at the bottom. The time scale is the same from the top to the bottom, 500-year divisions (and further divides them in 100's at the bottom).
I don't know anyone saying the climate isn't changing. The climate has always changed. Sometimes a little or none from year to year and decade to decade but other times it changes a lot; including what they called the mini ice age and long droughts. At no time was this climate change man-made. That's what the global warming religion and the deniers disagree on.

Notice the "true believers" stopped calling it "Global Warming" and switched to "climate change". They didn't fool anyone but now they can blame any change on man. Pure hogwash.

It's like when the commie presstitutes changed the dems from red to blue and the pubbies from blue to red. There was no logical reason to do that but everyone soon figured it out.

They knew that red was associated with communism and the left is all about communism so they thought they would change the narrative before it happened. Now they don't care because they are all out in the open about being 'commie pinko's'. (That's what we called them when I was a kid in the 60's)

Another common phrase and bumper sticker was "better dead than red". I guess they didn't want a resurgence of that either but it still applies because the left are even more leftist/communist/Marxist than they were then.

The divorce and separation is imminent. I don't see how the left which keeps going farther and farther left even when it doesn't seem possible and the right (conservatives) who haven't changed much except to move left begrudgingly over time can coexist under the same government much longer. The TEA Party was all about saying enough of that nonsense. Let's get back to what America was founded on and made of. Commie nonsense is not it.

I figure the USA as we know it is done within 20 years. Maybe much less if a spark lights a fire seen and felt around the world. The left keeps pushing. At some point the bully has to be taken down. I dunno what happens after that.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I am curious how people like Bob rationalize their "Christianity" with the words they express here. He has slammed everyone that doesn't agree with him, Democrats are all "deranged and mentally damaged", and should be eliminated somehow, it goes on and on. Yet he is "Christian"?. Is judging others cruelly not a prerequisite for NOT being a good Christian?

I do not believe in God but am happy for you if you do and it brings you comfort. None of my business either way. As far as the population beginning with two people, irregardless of the genetic impossibility, please then explain Black people, Chinese people, etc etc. Don't give the Biblical answer, come up with one that is common sense.

Climate change is real, every scientist with his head out of his ass knows this. Yes, the earth has cycled through many temperature ranges before but never at the speed it is doing it now. At the end of the day we are going to overpopulate and overtax the planet, it will give a big shake and we will be done.

·
Premium Member
13,723 Posts
More info which just goes to prove we know next to nothing on the grand scale of things.

Better to be dead than red bc. Oh, and yes of course, all leftists are indeed brain damaged and psychotic or they wouldn't be leftists. It's really quite simple. If you weren't brain damaged you could see it as plain as everyone else (who isn't damaged).

2.4-million-year-old tools found in Algeria could upend human origin story

·
Premium Member
13,723 Posts
Climate change is real, every scientist with his head out of his ass knows this. Yes, the earth has cycled through many temperature ranges before but never at the speed it is doing it now. At the end of the day we are going to overpopulate and overtax the planet, it will give a big shake and we will be done.
I agree except for the change happening faster than ever before. Everyone knows the climate does indeed change. If you go back to post #46 you can see how I explained this quite clearly. Being brain damaged does affect the... you know... the brain; so I can see how you could possibly not comprehend it.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
More info which just goes to prove we know next to nothing on the grand scale of things.

Better to be dead than red bc. Oh, and yes of course, all leftists are indeed brain damaged and psychotic or they wouldn't be leftists. It's really quite simple. If you weren't brain damaged you could see it as plain as everyone else (who isn't damaged).

2.4-million-year-old tools found in Algeria could upend human origin story
So how do we update the information and find out that what science previously thought was not true? MORE AND BETTER SCIENCE. It was certainly not theology that corrected any errors in a science textbook.

This is just too easy...

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
there was no attack other than in your imagination.
of course, all leftists are indeed brain damaged and psychotic or they wouldn't be leftists.
Being brain damaged does affect the... you know... the brain; so I can see how you could possibly not comprehend it.
Are you still trying to say you are not attacking people who disagree with you?

·
Premium Member
13,723 Posts
It's clear you have an engineers type mind where you see things in absolutes HC.

I think in many abstracts and not nearly so linear or closed minded.

This is why you think you won debates when I can clearly see you lost. You just don't see it because it's outside your ability to reason. That gray area is where all the fun and interesting concepts are but far be it for me to persuade you to mosey outside your comfort zone; as if I could anyway.

PS: There is no such thing as settled science or it wouldn't be science. All science is; is a long and endless search for more discovery and knowledge. It's not like any (real) scientist gets to a certain point in their research and says to themselves they have arrived. They are done. Nope; they know they have advanced to the next base in an endless baseball field. Any scientist worth their salt finds they have more questions than answers even when they succeed in a real breakthrough. There's still good reason to celebrate those victories though.

·
Premium Member
13,723 Posts
Are you still trying to say you are not attacking people who disagree with you?
Are you saying I shouldn't respond in kind when I'm attacked? Funny how you conveniently miss that part.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
It's clear you have an engineers type mind where you see things in absolutes HC. I think in many abstracts and not nearly so linear or closed minded.
That's where you have it back-asswards. My mind is open. Show me evidence and I will change my mind to suit the evidence. I want to believe as many true things as possible.

You, on the other hand, are steadfast in what you believe and no evidence, no matter how persuasive, will change your mind. That is the definition of closed-minded, but you attempt to project this onto me, which is straight up false.

This is why you think you won debates when I can clearly see you lost.
You see this only in your imagination...

It's not like any (real) scientist gets to a certain point in their research and says to themselves they have arrived. They are done. Nope; they know they have advanced to the next base in an endless baseball field. Any scientist worth their salt finds they have more questions than answers even when they succeed in a real breakthrough.
Correct... Unlike the religious, who start at the conclusion and then try to force arguments and conjecture into a mold that will support the conclusion they held already. They are not interested in what is true, only what conforms to their beliefs. This thread is the perfect example... "Researchers have discovered that all life came from one pair"... but that's not AT ALL what the research showed. Even when this was pointed out (more than once) it was still argued that it supported a Christian worldview.

Walk in the truth....

·
Premium Member
13,723 Posts
Whatever you say HC. Whatever you say. Everything is an argument with you.

I see you have a new pet who hangs onto every word you say; especially if you're speaking negatively to or about me. Good boy bc. Here's a little pat on the head.

I guess with you it would be more like this...

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Whatever you say HC. Whatever you say. Everything is an argument with you.

I see you have a new pet who hangs onto every word you say; especially if you're speaking negatively to or about me. Good boy bc. Here's a little pat on the head.

I guess with you it would be more like this...
See, this is all you have. You must resort to childish insults and put-downs because your position is unsupportable. You NEVER address the hard questions head-on, you duck and deflect or change the subject. When called on it, you go straight to the butt-hurt, name calling, and insults.

There are several here who agree with you. BC and I have not called anyone a lap dog for that, you know, like you have.

You act all confident like you want a debate, but when the debate gets meaty, you fold. "My beliefs are personal" or "I could explain it a million times and you still wouldn't get it" or "Whatever you say".

I went back and read through this entire exchange. I said nothing that was at all derogatory or inflammatory until post #45 when I made the tinfoil hat reference in response to being judged by you to be a "leftist", which you have said means the same as "communist" and denotes mental illness, but you have the balls to call me closed minded? Wow... just wow.

41 - 60 of 165 Posts