Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

121 - 140 of 165 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,643 Posts
Your doing great! lol. Dialog with these guys is just not possible. Interesting and difficult conversations have them receding to the "Oh Yeah, my Dad is bigger than your Dad" philosophy. It is like a politician answering questions. "Look over there!!" and then off they go avoiding the issue all together.
Great! Now I have two heads to live in rent free 24/7!

Thanks man!

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
My dad told me one time that he thought the world had been highly evolved along time ago and had destroyed it's self. Over millions of years we had evolved again to what we are now and will probably destroy our selves again.
We pretty much understand the 4.5 billion year geological history of this planet. Not bullying you or trying to burst your bubble, but it's pretty easy to see that didn't actually happen.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Dialog with these guys is just not possible.
As I had forgotten, but now I am reminded...

Ya know, it started out Ok, kinda like an actual conversation. Sure went to **** fast once the defense mechanisms kicked in. Six pages in and it's pretty much down to "I know you are but what am I?".

This is why I stopped trying to having any logical discussion with "that group" because you can not argue with a belief system.
I know... not sure what possessed me to think there could be a rational discussion, ya know, like grown ups. Did you see where it went all the way down to 'You're ugly"? Apparently, adulting is tough for some.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I enjoyed reading through this more or less.. considering I've had the same results elsewhere doing the same thing you tried to do here HC. For what it's worth, I admire your patience, reasoning and character trying to have a meaningful conversation on this topic. Not that your detractors on here could accomplish it but it can become disheartening to try and reach people that are willfully ignorant. Good on ya.

·
Premium Member
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
The world has changed immensely in the last 2,000 years, but man and government hasn't. The same country's are still having wars and it's still all over power, money and pussy. Many of our advancements has been in developing better weapons for war. We have came up with better wats to wash clothes, clean the house, medicine, get from point A to point B and kill people. BUT OUR MENTALITY has made no great advancements. Study the Christian Bible with an open mind and it tells us all about what is happening and it will end.

·
Registered
158 Posts
The world has changed immensely in the last 2,000 years, but man and government hasn't. The same country's are still having wars and it's still all over power, money and pussy. Many of our advancements has been in developing better weapons for war. We have came up with better wats to wash clothes, clean the house, medicine, get from point A to point B and kill people. BUT OUR MENTALITY has made no great advancements. Study the Christian Bible with an open mind and it tells us all about what is happening and it will end.
You are forgetting the most important instigators in war, Religion and Belief. I think that you are in favor of people having those war quality weapons in their homes aren't you? How is that progressive?

·
Premium Member
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
You are forgetting the most important instigators in war, Religion and Belief. I think that you are in favor of people having those war quality weapons in their homes aren't you? How is that progressive?
To protect ourselves from those like you. That through ignorance want to be controlled by their government instead controlling the government to do the peoples wishes. There are many more people killed by a blunt instrument and knives or home made bombs than by guns. People like you have been brain washed and have no real concept of the reality of what the world is like and the complete corruption of our governments. I have lived in countries where guns are illegal. People still get murdered everyday. By a knife, a pipe or stuffing a rag down the exhaust on their heater. I don't know what has happened to our country. When I was in high school just about every boy had a firearm in his truck or car. Some on a rack in the back window, some girls also. In the school parking lot. Everyone had a knife in his pocket. They had them on dates, at drunken parties, at fights. But no one pulled them on anyone else. They were a tool to hunt with, to kill a coyote, to put a dying animal down. What happened to our society to make it the way it is today. I truly believe it is the lack of Christianity.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Great! Now I have two heads to live in rent free 24/7!

Thanks man!
Bob, you see these clowns high fiving each other!? They try to disprove a "faith based belief system" and failed miserably but still feeling vindicated! You can't make this stuff up. I almost soiled myself with their self proclaimed expert knowledge of the history of man.

Hey Bob did you know that bees that make honey for the hive do it because it makes them feel good? I learned something new.

·
Registered
158 Posts
To protect ourselves from those like you. That through ignorance want to be controlled by their government instead controlling the government to do the peoples wishes. There are many more people killed by a blunt instrument and knives or home made bombs than by guns. People like you have been brain washed and have no real concept of the reality of what the world is like and the complete corruption of our governments. I have lived in countries where guns are illegal. People still get murdered everyday. By a knife, a pipe or stuffing a rag down the exhaust on their heater. I don't know what has happened to our country. When I was in high school just about every boy had a firearm in his truck or car. Some on a rack in the back window, some girls also. In the school parking lot. Everyone had a knife in his pocket. They had them on dates, at drunken parties, at fights. But no one pulled them on anyone else. They were a tool to hunt with, to kill a coyote, to put a dying animal down. What happened to our society to make it the way it is today. I truly believe it is the lack of Christianity.

I don't know what has happened to your country either.

I know you won't/can't but please share your source for the "gun versus other weapons" argument. The FACT is that guns are involved in almost 70 percent of the homicides in the US. Congrats on being number one in that category...by a lot.

·
Premium Member
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
No I do not have any war quality weapons. Anything I have is old and passed down through the years, but I have no problem with those that do. It's their right to do so. I have no need for anything like that. I don't know of anyone in my family that does. I don't know of any of my friends that do. Not even any of the War Vets. Many have no type of firearms. Very few even hunt any more some never did. They don't horde ammunition, they are not militants. They are not stocking up on food and planning for any kind holocaust. There the guy that lives next door that gets up and goes to work every day. Don't bother anyone don't want anyone to bother them. Don't cause trouble don't get in trouble and many go to church on Sundays. Many of them preach to damned much to me. Don't speculate who I am. I don't know you nor you me. But I do have to admit some time I post thing on here just to get you going. I'm sure you believe what you post on here and believe it passionately, But who's right and who's wrong. There has been debates for as long as there has been men and there will be until the end.

·
Premium Member
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
I don't know what has happened to your country either.

I know you won't/can't but please share your source for the "gun versus other weapons" argument. The FACT is that guns are involved in almost 70 percent of the homicides in the US. Congrats on being number one in that category...by a lot.
I'll research it, I have read several articles on it.

·
Premium Member
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #132 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
After further research I find that more people are killed by hand guns than any other weapon. Rifles and shot guns fall below Knives, hands and blunt instruments. But if we had no hand guns, blunt instrument, knives, drownings, and poisons would go up. All other means of murder would go up. Most of the murders we have around here are gang related. Here is some thing to look at. Gun problem or gang problem?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Firearms/comments/23k9ju/80_of_gunrelated_deaths_nonsuicide_are_gang/

·
Premium Member
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
After further research I find that more people are killed by hand guns than any other weapon. Rifles and shot guns fall below Knives, hands and blunt instruments. But if we had no hand guns, blunt instrument, knives, drownings, and poisons would go up. All other means of murder would go up. Most of the murders we have around here are gang related. Here is some thing to look at. Gun problem or gang problem?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Firearms/comments/23k9ju/80_of_gunrelated_deaths_nonsuicide_are_gang/
Here is more on gang violence in USA.

https://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/FedCrimes/story?id=6773423&page=1

·
Premium Member
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
Did you actually READ what you are citing?
If you didn't have hand gun other means of murder would have to go up. Rifles and shot guns are hard to conceal.

·
Premium Member
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #137 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
13,643 Posts
I enjoyed reading through this more or less.. considering I've had the same results elsewhere doing the same thing you tried to do here HC. For what it's worth, I admire your patience, reasoning and character trying to have a meaningful conversation on this topic. Not that your detractors on here could accomplish it but it can become disheartening to try and reach people that are willfully ignorant. Good on ya.
I agree 100%! The ignorance of leftists, especially the extreme leftists like those who let me live in their heads rent free, is truly astounding.

One would think they would have gotten a clue somewhere along the line but nope. Still as ignorant as that new NYC rep Occasional-Cortex.

Some people who are born dumb choose to live and die the same way. Their life; their call.

It's good to see you get that kaitiff.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Bob, you see these clowns high fiving each other!? They try to disprove a "faith based belief system" and failed miserably but still feeling vindicated!
I call bullshit. I didn't try to disprove anything. You were the one trying to disprove evolution. You were the one claiming to KNOW how life started.

Let me show you how it is impossible to prove a negative claim (that something doesn't exist). Are leprechauns real? I think we would all agree that they are a myth. Can you prove that leprechauns are not real? If not, should everyone believe in them until they are proven not to exist? That would be ridiculous, wouldn't it? So, as you can see, trying to prove the non-existence of something would be fucking stupid.

Also, why the name-calling? I haven't called your side a bunch of clowns. That is the tactic of someone who can't articulate his point or has no point and needs to either vilify or discredit the opposing side.

This is exactly what a couple of people have been trying to say here... It's simply impossible to have a civil and reasonable disagreement with you guys. You guys are not capable of discussing a topic and exchanging ideas without it becoming an emotionally charged hate fest. Anyone who disagrees with you is obviously suffering from mental illness or just plain stupid.

Now, your side is high-fiving each other and claiming victory... funny, since your side can't even answer a simple question coherently.

121 - 140 of 165 Posts