Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I must have been good this year because my wife let me pick out my own Christmas gifts. I was able to find a few steals on ebay so I was able to add an LED headlight, Big Mouth Exhaust Tips and Polk DB 521 speakers. I love all three upgrades. The LED headlight is awesome. I pulled up to my Brother in Laws house and the first thing out of his mouth was boy that headlight is bright, It was daytime. The speakers made a big difference form stock but getting them out of the front fairing was a pain in the ass, now when I get some cash I want to add an amp. I like the exhaust tips also as they are cut on the same angle as the bags. I wish I had the extra cash to buy the Witchdoctors modified exhaust when they had it on sale over Christmas but sometimes budget has to take priority over a great sale. I don't know if I should thank you guys for a great forum and giving me ideas or cry because my list of wants is getting larger every day. :devil

Attachments

·
Registered
2010 Cross Country / stock 106 with glasspack mufflers
753 Posts
Looking good man. Which headlight is that? I've been leery of the ebay and Amazon stuff because of a comparison thread by Paul Parmelau (spelling?) where he measured with a light meter and found some lacking in brightness or focus. I added a couple stupidly cheap LED running lights under my forged highway bars and they are also crazy bright, making my OEM headlight look dim and yellow by comparison. So I know the LED stuff packs a whallop. As for radio - yes add an amp, you'll have more than enough volume. Bottom pic is the relatively inexpensive Kenwood unit I installed recently and WOW did it ever wake up my upgraded ALpine speakers. Neither the radio or lighting projects were expensive, especially compared to what I read some people had spent, but I feel like both added lots of functionality and enjoyment to my bike.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a funny request, but have any pics of the forged bars, with-out the lights on? I am curious to see the view of the front to see how they look.

Thanks and thanks for the update on the upgrades!!

·
Registered
753 Posts
No I don't have any pics except the one I showed. I'll try to get some next time I am at the garage where it's stored.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking good man. Which headlight is that? I've been leery of the ebay and Amazon stuff because of a comparison thread by Paul Parmelau (spelling?) where he measured with a light meter and found some lacking in brightness or focus. I added a couple stupidly cheap LED running lights under my forged highway bars and they are also crazy bright, making my OEM headlight look dim and yellow by comparison. So I know the LED stuff packs a whallop. As for radio - yes add an amp, you'll have more than enough volume. Bottom pic is the relatively inexpensive Kenwood unit I installed recently and WOW did it ever wake up my upgraded ALpine speakers. Neither the radio or lighting projects were expensive, especially compared to what I read some people had spent, but I feel like both added lots of functionality and enjoyment to my bike.

Its the OEM LED headlight in Black. Stay tuned this light may be for sale soon. It has some scratches when I got it and the company I bought it from is going to send me a new one. Once I get the new one I am going to try to buff out the scratches and if it comes out good I may sell it. With today's news I may just keep it as an extra also as these things could get hard to get. Thanks for the amp suggestions.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I have a funny request, but have any pics of the forged bars, with-out the lights on? I am curious to see the view of the front to see how they look.
Long delay but I finally got some daytime pictures of the running lights mounted underneath my forged bars. They don't get hot and they don't vibrate while riding. I really like these lights, especially considering how cheap they were from Amazon.

View from front:

View from back:

View from overhead:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts