Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Christmas is around the corner and based on conversations with the war department, we have set an amount to spend on one-another like we always do. Which do I get?

Lloydz- ATS
Led Headlight
New riding boots
Mo-door garage door opener:
Victory_V1_V2

or other suggestions <$200?

·
13,251 Posts
ATS would be first
You have a ok headlight now
This garage door opener you wire into headlight hi low switch
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Flash2Pass-103102-Complete-Motorcycle-Garage/dp/B00AIFR5AK/ref=sr_1_sc_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1442246936&sr=8-2-spell&keywords=mtorcycle+grage+door+opner[/ame]

Lloydz air filter or remove weather strip
Miller exhaust $250 exchange
Winter headlight
no need for boots till next year

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
Definitely the ATS but you could also get the MoDoor unit too. It puts you a little over the limit but not by much.

The LED headlights are nice but I would wait on that. I think you would be just as happy with the Victory HID headlights. Where are you seeing the LED headlights for under $200:

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Definitely the ATS but you could also get the MoDoor unit too. It puts you a little over the limit but not by much.

The LED headlights are nice but I would wait on that. I think you would be just as happy with the Victory HID headlights. Where are you seeing the LED headlights for under $200:
I haven't :), the extra would come from the emergency fund in my desk...:wink

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
I hope you know you just cost me $105 for one of the Mo Door units. :D

Last I looked; the LED headlight were in the $350 range for the good ones. I think I've seen some there were not so great for less though. I think I would still go for the VictoryHID lights over the cheaper LED's. JMHO.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hope you know you just cost me $105 for one of the Mo Door units. :D

Last I looked; the LED headlight were in the $350 range for the good ones. I think I've seen some there were not so great for less though. I think I would still go for the VictoryHID lights over the cheaper LED's. JMHO.
Sorry bob! I may try to build my own out of a spare garage door opener and an SPDT momentary switch that matches the factory grip heater switch. I can be a cheap skate that way.

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
Another vote for an ATS, :pepper:

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wouldn't have known about the Mo-door switch if it hadn't been for Paul Pomerleau, you-tube and boredom with a bum ankle.

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
Sorry bob! I may try to build my own out of a spare garage door opener and an SPDT momentary switch that matches the factory grip heater switch. I can be a cheap skate that way.
I was able to do just that with an old dip switch style but I ruined a newer style opener. I think I may have had a soldering iron that was too big and powerful for this kind of delicate work or maybe the circuit boards just don't don't like being soldered on. The flow of current is matched up fairly exact so any inadvertent damage to one of the circuits ruins the unit.

I only mention this in the hope that someone else will learn from my mistake.

If you can solder in the two wires necessary; you can find the momentary switch like Mo Door one online if your local Radio Shack or hardware store doesn't have one.

I was just messin' with ya about costing me money. I've been keeping my door opener in my drink holder. That just isn't gonna work. I needed a better solution and I didn't really care for the headlight switch type. I wanted something I could take off easy enough and transfer to another bike if needed. The Mo Door setup fits that bill IMHO. Thanks for mentioning it. I had forgotten all about it.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Go for the ATS. You will never regret it. Don't forget to get the re-usable gasket.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Christmassy Miraculous Transformational stuff for under 200 bucks? ... MMmmMMmmmmm... ATS, quarter turn throttle ring..

..and ..maybe ..unhook your O2 sensors.. NICE!

·
Registered
180 Posts
For the price, I would definitely go for the ATS. Best bang for the bucks. My only regret is that I did not convince my wife that I needed it when I first got the bike.

·
Registered
418 Posts
MoDoor is cool, I've got a flash2pass unit, no battery to replace and I have aux lights hooked into the switch location already.

But another great video from Paul.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
THE ATS has been added to the list of 1 item for Christmas! thanks gents!

·
Registered
632 Posts
In the true spirit of Christmas you should do like it says in the Scriptures '............
LUKE:33
It is best to do a good deed for someone ''Without any thoughts of repayment''.. Then to spend money on Motorcycles.......

So lend me the two hundred and i'll promise i'll never have any thoughts of repaying you...:smile

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
In the true spirit of Christmas you should do like it says in the Scriptures '............
It is best to do a good deed for someone ''Without any thoughts of repayment''.. Then to spend money on Motorcycles.......

So lend me the two hundred and i'll promise i'll never have any thoughts of repaying you...:smile
You will have better luck with a pocket full of nickles in Atlantic City, than you will with me. :devil

·
Registered
82 Posts

Heehee, you funny! Good one! :smile

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well Gent's, Christmas is coming early. My wife has been doing pretty well in her new business and Tomorrow 10/29/15 my ATS, and 1/4 turn throttle ring will be delivered! yeehaw!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts