Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a new Magnum and I am not a big fan of chrome. Wondering if there are people out there with black parts that want chrome and willing to swap? Highwaybars, exhaust, etc. The exhaust is not a swap as I am getting a new exhaust installed but it would be avail. Thanks

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Always try

You can also have your "chrome" parts powder coated. I have had several parts powder coated gloss black. One simple part was the heat shields over the mufflers, easy to take off and install. Now just think of this you could also have parts powder coated other colors than black, thus you could really make you bike look different than all the other Victorys out there.
:eek

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
Thanks, Wasn't really sure you could PC over chrome. Will they have to media blast the chrome off first?
I think you can grind them with 80 grit grindingpaper .... I've seen this on YouTube... Then a 150 grit final rubdown... & primer etc.

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
13,172 Posts
grinding would leave waves. You would be better off finding a chrome shop and have them strip it

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
I have had chrome powder coated, they need to scuff it up so the paint will stick, not grind it down. The chrome has to be in very good condition to powder coat over.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Yep they just scuff and go. Cara mic coating on the exhaust shield. My last order was 250 for everything. All exhaust shields and primary, cam and and rockers. Should be ready Monday b

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
Yep they just scuff and go. Cara mic coating on the exhaust shield. My last order was 250 for everything. All exhaust shields and primary, cam and and rockers. Should be ready Monday b
Looking good there D&D.... what grid grinding paper did you or your painter used to scuff it up ?

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Thanks. I have no idea what he uses.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts