Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a chrome or polished stainless bolt replacement kit available? Nearly all of my hex bolts have a thin whitish corrosion on them. I would like to just replace instead if taking each out and polishing it individually. Thanks, it's a 2011 XC.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a chrome or polished stainless bolt replacement kit available? Nearly all of my hex bolts have a thin whitish corrosion on them. I would like to just replace instead if taking each out and polishing it individually. Thanks, it's a 2011 XC.
Here's a selection of chrome bolts for XCs:

Chrome Bolt Kits - Bolts & Bolt Kits - Cross Bikes, Magnum & Hardball - Victory Motorcycles - Your #1 Source for US Made, Custom Victory Motorcycle Parts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, thanks.. I looked there I just didn't see them I guess..

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Hey, thanks.. I looked there I just didn't see them I guess..
Finding items on WitchDoctor's site is an "acquired skill".... ;)

·
13,002 Posts
make sure you put a little layer of anti seize on each bolt to prevent them from seizing up on you. One flake of chrome comes off and you're in for a lot of work.

Stainless steel bolts rub some paraffin wax on threads to prevent seizing

here is a tip for anyone using chrome allen bolts. Go buy some clear fingernail polish. Put some clear polish in where allen wrench goes to prevent rust. If you have to take bolt out put wrench in allen and tap wrench with hammer to knock polish out

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
here is a tip for anyone using chrome allen bolts. Go buy some clear fingernail polish. Put some clear polish in where allen wrench goes to prevent rust. If you have to take bolt out put wrench in allen and tap wrench with hammer to knock polish out
That is a great idea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts