Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
howdy
i often drop my the vtxoa site and recently saw a thread on vics and buggered up (pitted) chrome....my '10 is peachy...except for real bug guts......so are there chrome issues going round - or is it in the past?

the fella posting mentioned that he waxed it etc...(i don't)

comments?

·
13,188 Posts
use hot water for the guts
Use only chrome wax for chrome. Car wax has adhesive and will scratch chrome.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
50/50 water and hydrogen peroxide will get bugs off faster than plain water. The HP dissolves protein, which bugs are made of. I second the above suggestion about using only chrome polish on chrome. Chrome and paint are two separate entities and need different treatments.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I haven't heard or seen any issues with the chrome. Except the cheese wedges being about as cheap plastic as it gets.

What is the best way to "repair" a scratch in the chrome?

·
Registered
436 Posts
I use eagle wadding polish on all the chrome - the stuff really protects all metal very well. I had a deep scratch on one of my hydrolic lifting jacks on my cab over camper and some paint around it fell off and it was rusting - i used the wadding polish - it took off all the rust and no rust came back all summer long - stuff is great.cheers

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
howdy again
i just use water but the hp idea sounds good...keep the molecules simple as they say....
something just bothers me about putting stuff on things that get real hot...
anyway, my chrome is still peachy....so i reckon the thread on the vtxoa was about older bikes (2007?) ...or the fella putting stuff on things that get hot...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts