Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's had parts on your bike chrome plated? I'm curious what it costs to have something like the shift lever and brake pedal off a Vegas chrome plated since I'm having a hard time finding the Victory chrome accessories? Looking around locally for companies that do this but haven't found one yet. If it's too expensive I'll just keep looking for the factory pieces.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
13,312 Posts
Small items like that won't be too expensive and the shipping won't be bad either. Shipping has really gone up in the last few years for heavy or large boxes. Sadly the EPA regs have caused a lot of the chrome shops to shut down. The one below is still in business and I remember hearing good things about their quality. It's getting to where we can't be too picky with so few choices. If you do a search for "chrome plating services" you might find someone closer.

https://www.ogdenchrome.com/

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply BBob. I looked at their website and looks like they have a $150 minimum order. If it costs that much to do these parts I'll just wait until I find them because I think i can find the chrome pieces new for that much from what I've seen. I'll do some more looking locally first and see what I can find. I appreciate your input.

Scott

·
Registered
433 Posts
I want those parts to shine too. I had Performance Machine polished Alum wheels the last 13 years. They look like chrome. I use a professional Auto buffer with a cloth pad and 3m Finesse IT fine polishing compound every tire change. Then finish them off with a Mothers Polish Ball on a drill. They will look chrome and last a year or two before the auto buffer is needed again.
There are some smaller 2 inch diam cloth like drill attachments for polishing scratched auto glass windshields and glass. This is something that is made for fast and slow drill speeds but with some skill could go on a die grinder for touch up work on the foot controls.

·
Premium Member
13,312 Posts
I want those parts to shine too. I had Performance Machine polished Alum wheels the last 13 years. They look like chrome. I use a professional Auto buffer with a cloth pad and 3m Finesse IT fine polishing compound every tire change. Then finish them off with a Mothers Polish Ball on a drill. They will look chrome and last a year or two before the auto buffer is needed again.
There are some smaller 2 inch diam cloth like drill attachments for polishing scratched auto glass windshields and glass. This is something that is made for fast and slow drill speeds but with some skill could go on a die grinder for touch up work on the foot controls.
A trick I learned decades ago is after getting aluminum all polished up; spray it with a silicone spray then polish it in until the haze goes away. It fills all the microscopic pores of the metal preserving it much like a wax does for a paint job. It would last for at least a year; even on hot engine parts.

I think these days any good advanced synthetic wax product will work just as well and probably better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts