Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that someone makes them but I have been unable to find chrome side covers. I need one for the left side but would buy a set if I had to. I expect them to be pricey and I found one used at a fair price on ebay. Anyone have a link for these??

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I have painted ones and have thought about gett them plated. I probably have to send them away as I don't have close access to a chromer. I would think it would be cheaper than buying them. I already have one for the right side anyway so it would just be one.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
We have a chromer here in Norfolk Va, with excellent work but he knows it and you pay for it. I can get you the contact info if you want. You wont be disappointed that is for sure except when you look in your wallet... :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chrome side covers

Hey Tim my man, good to hear from ya. Why don't you give me the contact info. and if I can't do anything on this end I can call him. I may call him anyway to check his price so I have something for comparison. I have a line on a guy about 10 miles away but I gotta get some references. From what I can see on line something the size of a side cover would be $75-$100. Thanks so much for the heads up thats what makes these forums work :) I've been working on the bike, just waiting for the Corbin to come in. Must be almost warm enough for a cold ride down your way!!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Will do... Will post it tomrrow when I get to work... My co worker has his info. Been plenty warm to ride, very few days I havent. Even such as today where the 10% rain just turned into 70% right before I get off work.. .Yup, it will be nice goin home. At least it aint 21 degrees...

·
Registered
88 Posts
I was hoping for black LOL. Champagne colored would not match the flames very well

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
side covers

Thats too bad. What year is your bike and are they original victory flames? Maybe I could find you a set.

·
Registered
88 Posts
it's a 99, no not factory. Painted on yellow/orange/red hot rod style, with blue outline

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Hey Tim my man, good to hear from ya. Why don't you give me the contact info. and if I can't do anything on this end I can call him. I may call him anyway to check his price so I have something for comparison. I have a line on a guy about 10 miles away but I gotta get some references. From what I can see on line something the size of a side cover would be $75-$100. Thanks so much for the heads up thats what makes these forums work :) I've been working on the bike, just waiting for the Corbin to come in. Must be almost warm enough for a cold ride down your way!!
Heres the info. Like I said, I think he is a bit pricey but I have seen the before and after work on my friends 69 HD "pick a name" and it is unbelieveable!!! I was told he did cometition chrome so if that is even better then what I seen wow! Make sure to follow up here if you talk to them so others will know if he is solid with you or not. Good luck!

Royal Silver MFG. CO., INC.
3300 Chesapeake Blvd.
Norfolk, VA 23513
757-855-6004

http://www.rschrome.com/

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&gbv=2&gs_sm=c&gs_upl=31l5921l0l8124l12l12l2l2l2l0l172l969l1.7l8l0&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=royal+silver+norfolk+va&fb=1&gl=us&hq=royal+silver&hnear=0x89ba973a5322ca45:0xab99107fce7a1e0a,Norfolk,+VA&cid=0,0,12246614732999517833&ei=3W0qT97ID-fi2QWT84GSDw&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&ved=0CBQQ_BI

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Tim I found a victory dealer who does their own chroming in Reno. He is charging me $75 to chrome the side cover with about a two week turnaround. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
no problem. Post finished pics when you get a chance!

·
Registered
120 Posts
10 miles away in Maine? I've been trying to keep my eyes open for a chromer around here somewhere(Maine) let me know what you find out. Please!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lo and behold, I found a set of new covers on ebay for $100. I am phsyched! I also found someone to chrome painted ones for $75 ea.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts