Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one know where there is a excellent chroming shop. Thinking about getting my 08 c ness jackpots wheels chrome. Any ideas on price. 250 rear 21 inch front

·
13,031 Posts
I have seen adds in the back of easy rider and some other custom magazines. They all look like there on the west coast and running about $600 per wheel.
Make sure you pull your bearing out before chroming and put new bearings back in. Don't re use the old ones.

·
Registered
257 Posts
He CA is hurting for customers so most of the chrome shops around there are cutting prices in half. I got my swing arm both wheels and drive pulley done for 900 with shipping. Just google it and pick one. They did a fantastic job and so far nothing wrong with them at all. All I had to do is take bike to local shop and they did everything from there for me. Not bad for 900 said and done.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I wouldn't get my chrome in California. Chrome in CA is a pain because of the air quality crap laid down on them.
??? what ??? I've sent a bunch of things to CA to get chromed so far no problems chrome still looks great and no issues. And i guess I dont understand your Air quality reference?

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
There was a company local to me that did chroming and powder coating. He stopped chroming a year ago because he said something in the chrome had to be taken out per California standards which made the chrome not as deep looking. I can't remember if its air or something else but its the typical California environmental stuff.

·
Registered
33 Posts
There was a company local to me that did chroming and powder coating. He stopped chroming a year ago because he said something in the chrome had to be taken out per California standards which made the chrome not as deep looking. I can't remember if its air or something else but its the typical California environmental stuff.
There is two different types used, hexavalent and trivalent chroming...trivalent is less toxic therefore not as regulated but hexavalent gives you a deeper shine afaik.

AFAIK it's not just cali that has it regulated

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So are there any on the east coast. So what do you suggest. Are the ones on EBAY off an 08 c ness vegas jackpot.

·
Registered
526 Posts
So are there any on the east coast. So what do you suggest. Are the ones on EBAY off an 08 c ness vegas jackpot.
There is a place in Jersey that my buddy used. I'll try to find out the name for you.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanxz appreciate the help. i live on a dirt road and 1.8 m i. the chloride that is put on road to keep dust down messes with the aluminum (staining. have to polish big time alot of work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts