Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Did your engine have a Cir-clip failure?

• What model Victory?

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • What year and Mileage?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Why and when did it happen?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What did you do about it?

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To head off the $2.00 Cir-clip problem circling at the moment. Those that have had this issue please state the Victory Year and model and why you surmise it happened. That will give us at least a reading on how large or small this issue that has come to the forefront really is and those of us can make a Risk Assessment and manage it accordingly.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
You may be better off having a look at Facebook or the other forum for the information you seek. Just from reading the thread I posted about this issue it seems more people at those other two venues are familiar with the circlip issue.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
?????

What is the circlip issue you are referring to. Can you go into some more detail? Maybe some pictures. I recently had a clip come off the clutch lever micro-switch for instance, I do not believe this is what you are referring to. Pictures do help for us rocket scientist, ha, ha. If it is a safety issue it would be great to clarify, may save a life or two. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
2014 CC / occurred just past 17000 miles / fixed under warranty / bike down 3 weeks / no issues since repair .

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
The polll seemed a little fucked up but I tried to vote for everything but it didn’t work 🙂

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mags, I don't think it is working correctly. Probably because of the nut behind the handlebars who tried to submit it. Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
302 Posts
What Models and What years are affected? There has to be a Victory tech pub or service bulletin targeting which bikes can have this problem.
I went and looked at all the Vic recalls on the Polaris website. Found nothing. Found some TSBs but again nothing that seemed to be this. There's one about some shifter detente not providing clearance and jumping out of gear or locking but doesnt seem to be the same thing

·
Registered
433 Posts
Yes it depends. With GM everything is online and locked out from the public. Any info you find has been leaked. Same for Toyota for the most part. In any case the public is not who the information was written for. Hell some manufactures put a statement on these kinds of things that if you do share the info outside the company the FBI will hunt you down and through you in prison!

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Wheres the 'no failure' option?
141,000kms no probs except an errant dog and a u-turning cage.
Ride on....

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Technical info that makes its way online is leaked. If there was info out there at dealers someone would have leaked it.

Does the 111 share the same design?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts