Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all my friends living in hot climates the HD (sorry) Circulator Seat Pad is a game changer. Put it on my Vision and rode for 2 hours today in 104 degree heat. Normally a miserable ride and today it felt great. Seat actually feels like it is cooling your rear end. Combine that with a hydration vest and you may be too cold to ride. $85. Have to take seat off, at least on the Vision to secure, and pad stays in place. I got the medium and it is a great fit.

·
Registered
579 Posts
That looks similar to the Victory Touring cool air pad I got the other day.

The one on Vics site looks different than the one got. That picture must have been a prototype design...

I have yet to have opportunity to try it, having a very odd cool start to July here in Kansas.

Glad to hear you're having positive results no matter who's emblem is on it. Probably made by the same company :crzy:

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks VJ, they look the same so probably the same manufacturer. All I know is man I am glad I bought it. Makes riding in this heat a lot easier.

Happy 4th to all.cheers

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
thanks VJ, they look the same so probably the same manufacturer. All I know is man I am glad I bought it. Makes riding in this heat a lot easier.

Happy 4th to all.cheers
I know I love mine

It just doesn't look like $100 worth.
I would normally agree depot, but my only complaint on the stock seat was how hot my arse gets when the temps and humidities rise. I was willing to spend the $100 on it after reading some reviews when my dealer had a fathers day sale, I got it for $87 OTD.

I have been riding with it since then and all I can say is Hooray. It is not hiney air-conditioning but close enough for me:D You definitely notice a difference.

Also you don't need to pull the seat to attach it.thumb up

I am sure there are other similar products out there that perform the same function, but the Vic one fits our seat, no red-neck rigging (born in Ky so I can say that:ltr: ) required.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine looks different and it loops under the front of the seat. Anyways I wanted it right away because of how hot it has been here and I figured I would share the wealth, plus none of the Vic stores here had one. So I picked it up, put it on and off I went. No sweaty jeans, no hot arse, and a much longer ride than I would have normally gone on. thumb up

·
Registered
682 Posts
How does it work? Looks like it just circulates air under your butt. Might have to invest in one for these hot Mississippi days thumb up

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
that's exactly how it works. It keeps a small airspace under your but to allow air to circulate. I don't notice any ride height difference either.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I put an ultimate bead 10x12 setup on my hammer seat and was amazed at the cooling it provided. It also makes shifting my position around easier for cornering as I used to stick to the seat (gets hot/humid in AL) and now I can shift position with little effort. I was a little worried about sitting on hard beads for extended periods but they are actually very comfortable. Not sure how as that defies logic, but I am impressed.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
is it thick enough for a little extra cush too? just remeber
after those tacos with hot sauce it will also let air out.
have to see if dealer has one

·
Registered
222 Posts
Any more updates on the seat pad? I'm considering one. I probably should have bought one before 4 of us took a western states trip in mid-June. Was terrible hot in Utah and coming back across Neb. & Kansas.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
There have been a few days, here in the Pacific Northwet, when I don't need to turn on my seat and grip heaters. :)

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
I bought the Victory seat pad (item 2879363) from my dealer on Tuesday afternoon and installed it that same night. I left Wednesday for a 1000+ mile ride in mostly 80+ degree weather. The difference is monkeybutt v no monkeybutt. Really glad Randy's Cycle had one in stock and hanging on the wall as I hadn't noticed it in the catalog.

It amazes me how some ddealers don't stock many accessories. Many things simply won't sell if they're not in stock, in plain site and available to be held, tried on or examined.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
How hard are they to put on and off? I'd only want it for long rides.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
5 minutes. Once on you will leave it on. Makes riding in summer a lot nicer

1 - 20 of 39 Posts