Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought this thing. AWSOME! They give instructions on everything NOT to use to on the shields. I have a foam cleaner that I use for my windshield. Not sure what I can use for this shield. What are you all usin', that's safe, non-corrosive (benzadrine I guess is a no-no). So is glass cleaner. Windex? maybe, eye-glass cleaner? Suggetions would be greatly appreciated. Paid a butt-load for this beauty. Don't want to screw up the shield.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
In a word: PLEXUS.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks RICZ!!!!!!! That's what I'm using on my windshield. Works great. Keeps the rain off too. Thank you sir.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
You're velcome.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Any glass cleaner that doesn't contain amonia (probably spelled wrong) because it isn't lexan friendly. I use windex multi surface for the whole helmet.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
So you're telling me the cat piss I've been collecting is useless???
A few ice cubes, a stick of bourbon and you've got a summer cooler. cheers

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Thanks RICZ!!!!!!! That's what I'm using on my windshield. Works great. Keeps the rain off too. Thank you sir.
I wouldn't get to worked up over it. I've owned Shoeis forever and I use whatever is available. If toilet water at a truck stop is the only thing available, that's what's removing the bugs.

I've never replaced a screen on one yet. I usually just toss them after they turn 8 or so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts