Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my Kingpin and living in a one bedroom apartment I do not have a garage. So I was wondering,
A. what cover and size you used and if you like it/think it did a good job.
B. what are some areas of the bike that are prone to rust if not looked after, what method or products do you use for cleaning?

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Don't cheap out on a cover, get a waterproof one that has vents and a way to secure it under the bike. Better yet, canvas your neighborhood for a household that has spare room in their garage and offer to rent it.

Protect paint and chrome with brand name products. There's no bad ones. As others see this thread, you'll be getting everyone's pet brand pushed under your nose. Only use chrome polish on the chrome. Don't use what you'd use on the paint. My dirty little secret is I have never waxed my bike! I simply fluff and puff it frequently with a spray detailer. Its too easy; just spray and wipe with extra fluffy microfiber cloths. Those cloths are available from Griot's Garage. My favorite detailer is Turtlewax ICE cuz its clear and leaves no white residue.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I use only microfibers, and always a new one, they are too cheap. don't use the same microfiber that you use on your tires, wheels on your paint or chrome or viceversa, always use a separate one, as chemical products refer Im with Ricz, I use a spray detailer for everything, I like "Original Bike Spirits", but I do Wax the bike once every two or three months some times more often, for the chrome and wheels I use Meguiars chrome/mag polish and works very good, usually I do it when waxing, I never use soap, water or anything like that!! and I am 100% positive that it is way better and easier to keep a bike clean that cleaning the bike, if you now what I mean thumb up

1 - 3 of 3 Posts