Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride a lot. As a result, I've traditionally never been much of a washer. I'd give it a quick spray then go.

My new XC is much too good looking for that. I see Victory has a line in some stores (none near me) called Pure Victory. I know a lot of the HD guys use S100.

What do you use? The easier, the better. My scoot is black, if that matters.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
This discussion covers most everything bike detailing related from the easy to the obsessive.

http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=3698&highlight=turtle+wax+ice

You can also search for "turtle wax black" and find a little more. Personally I use Simple Green to get the bugs off and bring up the dirt on the flat black (engine/trans), Turtle wax Ice wax a couple of times a year, and Turtle Wax Ice spray for quick detailing after long rides. I also dust mop any time I get a chance because it rains mud here which creates really bad water spots on the paint afterwards if it's already dusty.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I use water and car wash soap, dry it then spray some Honda polish and wipe down. Every couple months or so I wash it, dry it then roll her into the garage. Then go inside and get a beer, go back to garage turn on music and roll my stool to the bike and give her a good hand waxing with Turtle or Mcquirers past. It takes a while but, I enjoy doing it.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Cleaning

For a general cleaning I use car wash soap and a sponge. A friend of mine swears by S100. To get bugs off easily use hydrogen peroxide on your windshield or wherever there are bugs. Fresh bugs just foam off and you can wipe the bike down with a soft towel. It will not harm your paint. Been doing it for a couple of years now.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Car Wash soap and water every couple of months or more depending on how much rain I get caught in. Then ICE Spray Detailer http://www.turtlewax.com/product-detail.aspx?prodid=91 in between washes. Caranauba wax a couple times a year, a little more for the tank since it gets the most abuse and it only takes 10-15 minutes.

For my windscreen I've been happy with Meguiars Motorcycle Plastic Cleaner/Polish.

Oh and my scoot is black as well. One other thing, if you use ICE make sure you get the microfiber cloth; they work MUCH better than a cloth towel ;)

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My friend swears by S100. Anyone tried those products? What about Pure Victory?

·
Registered
368 Posts
S100 overpriced, and the "Cycle Cleaner" can't sit for long or it will leave residue and you end up going over it with car wash soap and water anyways. Their engine cleaner is nice but you can beat it in price and shine by making a 50/50 mixture of Mother's Protectant and water in a spray bottle and soak the casing. Wipe off any excess and let it dry.

I've only used soap and water on my bike three or four times in a couple of years. California mini-duster followed with Meguiar's or Eagle One quick detailing spray and wipe. Eagle One Nano-Wax spray on-wipe off, follow up with a coat of Eagle One Nano-Wax gel and that black bike looks deep and wet. Do the whole thing in about an hour or hour and a half. Put a coat of carnauba once in a while only takes another half hour.

Invisible Glass foam on the rims, and spray the "SIDEWALLS ONLY" with STP Son-Of-A-Gun cleaner & shine. No wiping or rubbing down. Showroom new looking rubber and not slippery like most protectants. I spray the floorboard rubber and wipe down the shifter and brake pegs with it too.

Used ICE for awhile until I found out about the Eagle One. Much less time and better finish.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I use original Bike Spirits after every ride. It removes the bugs, dust, shines and protects the paint. I spray it on the cloth and wipe the bike down, I have a duster to get between the rear fender and the bags for the dirt. I use the Bike Spirits on every part of the bike.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I ride a lot. As a result, I've traditionally never been much of a washer. I'd give it a quick spray then go.

My new XC is much too good looking for that. I see Victory has a line in some stores (none near me) called Pure Victory. I know a lot of the HD guys use S100.

I use pure Walsmart products... LOL, the chemical makeup is the same and it costs way less. Soap is soap... don't be fooled by the hype.

·
Registered
790 Posts
After every ride I do a quick wipe down with the waterless products such as Captain BOM or Slime. Silicon based products are safe to use on slightly dirty surfaces without scratching paint. My bike hasn't seen water since I bought it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I very seldom use soap & water unless it's really dirty. My usual after a ride is Purple Slice to clean and detail. Safe to use on the "plastics" such as the windshield as well. Tip- I use a finer spray bottle than it comes in. Applies more evenly to the surface and used less. Also, I go to a truck dealer such as KW and buy it by the gallon which will last 2-3 years.

·
Registered
91 Posts
cleaning

go to chopperdetailing.com

This site has a 7 step process for your first intial cleaning and tips on how to keep that way.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Blue Coral Wash & Wax. Works excellent and is very reasonable at O' Reilly Auto Parts. Also use a regular wax called 'Pig Snot' a couple of times a year. I have to go to the Harley dealer here in town to get that so don't tell anybody. :eek:

·
Registered
38 Posts

I ONLY use micro fiber towels! Turtle wax Blue Ice does a great job.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Are you guys using Pledge Furniture Polish (aerosol can) or Pledge Multi-Surface Cleaner (spray bottle)?

I've heard a few others say they used it in the past but nobody ever said which type.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I use the Pledge in an aerosol spray can. Orange scent to be exact but it doesn't matter. I spray it on a microfiber towel and wipe the bike down. It works better if you follow it up with a separate dry microfiber towel. It shines all the parts, does a good job on the bugs and removes dirt. My bike has never seen a hose and soap.

There's a ton of products out there that will work and to each their own, but I don't see a reason to spend more money when a $3 can of Pledge will last you a season or two.

When I first heard about using Pledge on a bike I thought it was some kind of a joke.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts