Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Fellas, a question about cleaning Lloyds filter. I used K&N cleaning solution and man it really cleaned the filter good. It was filthy!
My question is: Can I use the K&N filter oil ? Is this what we use? I have searched and found no cleaning instruction for these filters.
Thanks Gents.

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
Short answer - pretty sure that's whats recommended (its what I use)

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Short answer - pretty sure that's whats recommended (its what I use)
Thanks TJ. I cant remember if the filter came oiled or not. Looking at the pics of Lloyds filter on his site It's blue in color. mine is pretty white now after cleaning. I would assume the blue is the oil.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I've been wondering the same thing. I'm sure k and n oil will work fine. It will make it red. I'm sure someone sell blue filter oil.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Hey Fellas, a question about cleaning Lloyds filter. I used K&N cleaning solution and man it really cleaned the filter good. It was filthy!
My question is: Can I use the K&N filter oil ? Is this what we use? I have searched and found no cleaning instruction for these filters.
Thanks Gents.
Yeah the K&N recharge KIT is the one Id use,
Once youve washed it out with cleaner and water dont blow dry it with air. Just a shake and leave it in the sun (if you have such luxuries as sun, dont leave in the snow)..re oil let penetrate for 20 mins should be red all over.
Out of interest how many miles you clock up before you needed to clean and was there dirt roads?
My Ness filter will be a pain in the arse to remove for cleaning but hopefully by then I'll have the spare $ fot torque tubes

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's in over a year and about 7k for miles. There were a few dirt roads and events that were dirt and dust fields. It may be to early to clean it now but how do you know unless you check it. Removing the seat then the tanks a PITA so I might as well go a head and clean it. A lot of dirt washed out. I use K&N on all my vehicles so I have a re charge kit. I just didn't know if Lloyd had something else in mind.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
It's in over a year and about 7k for miles. There were a few dirt roads and events that were dirt and dust fields. It may be to early to clean it now but how do you know unless you check it. Removing the seat then the tanks a PITA so I might as well go a head and clean it. A lot of dirt washed out. I use K&N on all my vehicles so I have a re charge kit. I just didn't know if Lloyd had something else in mind.
just the seat and tank ...youre fortunate.. with the Ness unit the four bolt that secure it to the throttle bodies have to be undone too...now that IS a P.I.T.A. ,price I paid for a cheaper filter, and couldnt see the point in bling you can't see...
now if LLOYDZ made a plain topped one along the same lines at a competetive price to the Ness that would make sense!
I try to stay off dirt roads even though theyre great on the dirt!

·
Registered
262 Posts

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
I asked KMC if the Lloydz filter was rechargeble (like K&N cleaning it) and he said no, you must buy new. This is on my CCT last year. Please correct me if I am wrong.

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
I have a Lloyd's high flow air filter, not sure of the exact name. It cost around $130. Advertising said it needed to be cleaned every 30k.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Says right on witchdoctors page for the Lloyd's filter that it is. Cleanable and reusable. Plus I know what a cleanable Cotten gauze filter looks like and the Lloyd's filter is 100 percent reusable.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
I asked KMC if the Lloydz filter was rechargeble (like K&N cleaning it) and he said no, you must buy new. This is on my CCT last year. Please correct me if I am wrong.
KMC or KFC?...would you like fries with your filter sir?
If youre unsure Lloydz would verify one way or the other.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm waiting to oil this thing. Guess I have to call and verify. Doesn't seem right that this is not a serviceable filter. It washed perfectly and looks brand new. If its a 30k filter then I definitely pulled it early but it was filthy. I dunno :confused:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The answer

Just got off the phone with Lloyds shop and they said yes to the cleaning and yes to the K&N oil!

Some may have been mis-informed as to what filter is disposable and that would be the Victory filters. Stock and uh hum stage 1. they are not serviceable.

Let the filter cleaning continue. cheers

·
Registered
340 Posts
Well that's good news, but I'm still a little confused... isn't the Stage 1 filter a K&N? Pretty sure it was on my old Kingpin, honestly haven't seen a S1 filter for the X bikes in person.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts