Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I've got a 2013 XC in Nuclear Sunset Suade (orange). I'm having a difficult time getting some dark spots off the paint and I was wondering what you guys that have this matte orange are using to clean your bikes? Any experienced pointers would be appreciated...

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
Hello all! I've got a 2013 XC in Nuclear Sunset Suade (orange). I'm having a difficult time getting some dark spots off the paint and I was wondering what you guys that have this matte orange are using to clean your bikes? Any experienced pointers would be appreciated...
Victory makes a suede/flat cleaner I think.
When I had my flat black '59 Chrysler I used to wash it in warm water as warm as you can tolerate and mix some kerosene in with the water.
Old school painters tell me the kerosene feeds the flat paint without making it glossy like waxes can.
The hotrod fraternity may be able to add something, try The Jalopy Journal.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You might also consider trying Harley Davidson's Denim Paint cleaner. Easily found at any Harley dealership. I would test it in an inconspicuous area though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I use windex. Just make sure its ammonia free/safe for window tint. No issues. Does a pretty good job with bugs also.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I picked up both the Harley denim cleaner and the non-ammonia Windex. I'll try them both and report back my results.

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
I picked up both the Harley denim cleaner and the non-ammonia Windex. I'll try them both and report back my results.
kero too cheap is it😀

·
Super Moderator
4,949 Posts
Another vote for Windex, been using it for four years.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, I tried Windex and the Harley suede cleaner (see pic) with no noticeable difference. There are places where the paint just appears to be stained and nothing seems to get those out. Not sure what else to try, but I'll keep looking.

Attachments

·
12,983 Posts
maybe Meguiars clay bar youtube has a video on it Thats a maybe

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
263 Posts
On matte finishes, I believe clay bar might be an issue. The more you wipe a matte finish the "shinier" it gets - meaning it gets darker. Is it possible that the dark spots you have are where you rubbed to remove something?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts