Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Cross Country / stock 106 with glasspack mufflers
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you use to make your grey, dirty, scuffed up rubber floorboards look fresh and clean without making them slippery?
I detailed my Cross Country recently and froze when I got to the floorboards. They are dingy, dull and not rich black, as I see on just about every other XC regardless of how clean and shiny the rest of the bike may be. What trick do you have for making them look nice?

I normally hit such things with a solvent like alcohol or acetone which get's the black right back but leaves the surface even more absorbent to dirt and blemishes than before. Wiping with rubber/vinyl dressings would keep them clean but obviously make them slicker than greased snot. This is the nicest bike I've ever owned so if there's a right way I'd like to finally learn it, please share. Cool bike - dirty rubber. Bad, dirty rubber.

·
13,262 Posts
alcohol or acetone is for cleaning before painting. Not for making anything shiny and nice.

Tire black but it never lasts

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
What do you use to make your grey, dirty, scuffed up rubber floorboards look fresh and clean without making them slippery?

I'm hoping to buy a new set of boards in the very near future , mine are pure black ... I will give them to you so don't sweat it brother .

Reactions: id-man

·
Registered
361 Posts
If I want my floorboards to look perfect & not be slippery when detailing I just use some Kiwi black shoe polish & a toothbrush. Any silicone based cleaner could make them dangerously slick.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I use Aerospace 303 on all my plastic and rubber. After it sits on the floorboards for a while I wipe it down with a clean dry cloth and I have no problems.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Simple green, HondaBite/S100 some of the best stuff we have used.
Hey I already have 2 of those - S100 and Simple Green. I take it you're mainly using them as soaps to scrub, rinse, and let dry with no additional dressing or sealer?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I use Aerospace 303 on all my plastic and rubber. After it sits on the floorboards for a while I wipe it down with a clean dry cloth and I have no problems.
Looked up 303 - ain't it cool what you learn when you ask! Bookmarked it on Amazon, may have to try that stuff :) Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Victory sells a product specifically for non-slippery rubber like the floor boards.
This product right? Read up on it and you're right it looks like another great contender...price was good too. I mean all this stuff is kind of expensive for what it is, but if it works well that's a WIN. PureVictoryPolishes.com

·
Premium Member
2,451 Posts
This product right? Read up on it and you're right it looks like another great contender...price was good too. I mean all this stuff is kind of expensive for what it is, but if it works well that's a WIN. PureVictoryPolishes.com
That's it. I used it 4.5 years ago when I bought Marguerite. It hasn't needed it since.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts