Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2014 victory hammer 8 ball and the silver part on the wheels are quite stained. Mcguires gold class polish had no effect on them. Any suggestions on what the best cleaners is to brighten these up, and what should I use to protect them

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
Merlin's Blood. Look it up.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I just got a 2014 victory hammer 8 ball and the silver part on the wheels are quite stained. Mcguires gold class polish had no effect on them. Any suggestions on what the best cleaners is to brighten these up, and what should I use to protect them
Can you post pictures of the wheels and the issue?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is a before and after picture of my wheel. I’m pretty sure they are not coated so I used mothers mag and wheel cleaner. I did a test first and the rag Was black so I knew there was no clear coating on the wheel. It got the majority of it off but not completely. Might have to do a second session.

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Bar keepers friend
I second the recommendation for Bar Keepers Friend.
Another gentle scubber is Baking Soda. Take a damp cloth and sprinkle baking soda on it and scrub the wheels.

·
Registered
560 Posts
My sister in law had her rain suit pants melt to the exhaust pipe of her Scout and BKF took it right off after several other attempts failed.

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
The OPs wheel looks to be tarnished, not just dirty. I'd begin with steel wool, as it will form into the contours better, then Never Dull.
If anyone knows of a product easier and better than Merlin's Blood, let me know. Watch this....

·
Registered
223 Posts
then Never Dull.

RICZ, You must be ex Navy. When I was in we had Never Dull all over the ship for cleaning and shining metals.

·
Registered
12,159 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts