Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Exactly as it says. Question is this: do I bother arm wrestling the dealership to get them replaced under warranty, or just pony up the bill and a half for a nice set of Ness finned covers. OR (!), arm-wrestle the dealer to count the cost of warranty replacement TOWARD the purchase of the Ness covers?

Moreover, anybody had this problem on their cam covers? I've never used polish or abrasives on the aluminum, so I don't know why they're peeling. The rest of the aluminum, like the triple trees, looks fine.

I've also looked at some of the custom aftermarket stuff, but most of what I've found is adhesive (no...why don't they just have the screw-holes drilled in 'em?) or there's not a matching left side primary for the right side cam or vice versa.

Anyway, I'm just rambling because I'm confined to my hotel room still and thought I'd fish for some opinions :D

·
13,262 Posts
Go to dealer
Or wait till it all peals off and then polish

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I don't really like the OEM cam and primary covers anyway, plan on getting a set on Ness or other aftermarket covers for mine down the road.

·
Registered
931 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts