Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got started riding an '07 Kingpin Tour with 14,000 miles. Love the bike. However, it has what I would call a jingly, metalic clatter when in motion...like what I used to hear in my dry-clutch Ducati, only much softer. Also sounds like maybe a cam chain running slightly loose. Don't hear it at idle. Is this a typical noise for the Victory motor?

·
Registered
5 Posts
noise

I have a 03 V92 with 17300 miles that I got back in Dec. I have not heard a Victory engine run before. I notice that this engine has a whirring swishing sound and a clacking noise at idle as well as under a load. Other than that the engine runs good. I guess I was expecting a low rumble like other big V-Twins I am too wondering if this is normal for Victory's.

·
Registered
243 Posts
With a gear driven primary, and a dog lock tranny. Vic motors talk to you.
i think kevinx answered your question, i can attest vics make there " own " sounds , i suggest you go to your closest dlr and listen to the other vics and talk to the riders face to face an see if indeed this is what your experiencing,

lol

steve

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep. Will take it to the dealer for a listen. I don't have one nearby so it's a bit of a trip. Thanks for the suggestions. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
FWIW I have an 06 Vegas with about 5k on it. I have a very keen ear and I asked a guy at the dealership and he got down and said "nope nothin there I can't hear a thing" Another person said thats the Victory coffee grinder sounds, dont worry about it. At a few I switched it over to Amsoil and to my ears it made the sound go away or greatly reduced it

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a 2007 jackpot with 12K on it and have the same sound. When sitting on the bike, it sounds like it's coming from the rear right of the motor. I thought maybe it was a lose exhaust clamb, but they were all tight.

To me, sounds like a small nut bouncing around the crank case every once in a while. Not constant.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts