Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious about how to adjust the clutch cable for my 2001 V92TC. There doesn't seem to be a turnbuckle or adjustment screw on the lever or under the right side cover or under the seat. I'm getting some clutch slippage, when I play with the tension of the cable using the lever while riding the slipping goes away.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just curious about how to adjust the clutch cable for my 2001 V92TC. There doesn't seem to be a turnbuckle or adjustment screw on the lever or under the right side cover or under the seat. I'm getting some clutch slippage, when I play with the tension of the cable using the lever while riding the slipping goes away.
You can adjust it at the cable under the tank on the right side. I just loosened up my tank, two front bolts and the two back, lifted up just a bit and put a block of wood under it. That gave me enough room to get to the cable.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can adjust it at the cable under the tank on the right side. I just loosened up my tank, two front bolts and the two back, lifted up just a bit and put a block of wood under it. That gave me enough room to get to the cable.
Great! Thanks for the info. Now I just need to figure out how to break loose the hex screws to release the tank. I'm pretty sure the prior owner didn't remove these screws or do anything to the bike other than take an occasional ride. I bought it in May 2008 with only 2K miles. After a decade of relatively being idle many of the fasteners seem to be frozen.

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
I've used WD-40 and for the really stubborn ones, Liquid Wrench.
PB Blaster makes those two look and work like water. Find it at auto supply stores, hardware stores and even Walgreens sometimes.

Just a drop or two does the trick. Put it on and watch it run into the threads - amazing stuff.

Another trick for loosening seized fasteners: rap it with a hammer, that sometimes jars the bond loose. Apply heat with a torch works too. Sometimes I have to use all three techniques on really stubborn ones.

·
Registered
156 Posts
The manual has a section on adjusting the clutch cable. It is not very hard. Check out the service manuals Diamond has posted in the Tech. section they are also helpful . thumb up

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Many thanks!

I've successfully adjusted the clutch cable and all is right with the world. Now I just have to wait for the local dealer to get in some oil change kits. Based on all the posts I'm not going to stray from the Victory blend.
Thanks Folks!
:not worthy:

·
Registered
45 Posts
By the way. They didn't make the TC until '02. Sure it's not the Deluxe? (leather bags) If it has the hard bags, it's an '02 or later.

·
Registered
8 Posts
2001 V92C Deluxe Clutch Cable Length

gents,

my bike did not come with a manual from previous owner. clutch cable broke yesterday, :( and I'm looking at Barnett clutch cables from buywitchdoctors.com. they have two options, the 24" or the 38". can anyone help me with the size? or offer another better brand?

·
Registered
92 Posts
When you get the broken cable out measure it, even counting for stretching it should give you an idea of which cable to order. As a second owner you may not know if the bars were changed. I also read somewhere that victory has redesigned the cable to help prevent it from breaking.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Bleednate, I just replaced mine with a Barnett. I ordered it from J&P Cycle because they had one in stock so there was no waiting. Also, I just told them that I needed the stock lengths (so I'm not sure what the actual length is). It's the stainless steel braided one, part number PNZZ52546 01. Hope this helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts