Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 Vegas Low, just starting my 4th season on it, 6750 miles on it. On the way to work today it snapped as I was shifting into 4th gear. Everything turned out well... the bike is in the shop. A Google search indicates that this isn't at all uncommon; some foke report having one snap every 5K miles. Any new, good, technique that can be employed to extend the life of the cable?

·
Administrator
5,975 Posts

·
13,177 Posts
Go to Facebook and find Victory page and tell them.
All so go to Nation High Way Safety web page and tell them.
This has to stop. You could of been in middle of intersection and been hurt.
Buy one and keep on your bike to get you home.
http://shop.savurride.com/main.sc

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
2008 Vegas Low, just starting my 4th season on it, 6750 miles on it. On the way to work today it snapped as I was shifting into 4th gear. Everything turned out well... the bike is in the shop. A Google search indicates that this isn't at all uncommon; some foke report having one snap every 5K miles. Any new, good, technique that can be employed to extend the life of the cable?

That's not many miles to lose a clutch cable. Have the ends been greased annually or at all?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Can the clutch cable be changed on the road if need be? After all these horror stories I'm thinking I should order a new cable and keep it in my saddle bags for my long touring rides.

It would positively suck to have to have the bike towed to a shop and fixed just because I didn't have the sense to carry a spare.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts