Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
13,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found this on FB where a guy put two O-Rings on end to keep it centered in arm. He says his was always off to one side and was scared it might break some day. Good thinking

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
Wouldn't that create friction at a point that needs to be kept moly greased

·
Registered
415 Posts
I don't think so, the O-rings should fit in between the tangs on the clutch actuator arm. When the clutch is engaged it'll just sit there under no load like it always does, it's just that the O-rings keep it centered.

Personally I don't think this is an issue as like I said, when the clutch is engaged it's not under load so when you do pull the clutch lever and it comes under load it's not like it was being jammed sideways and is binding. I think the man found a solution for a problem that doesn't exist but if it works for him that's what counts.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Spent an hour or so on a rainy day cleaning and lubing my clutch cable and its now easy peasy and smooth as silk.

·
Premium Member
6,234 Posts
Spent an hour or so on a rainy day cleaning and lubing my clutch cable and its now easy peasy and smooth as silk.
Goon .. Stock cable or not ?? I changed for a Barnett cable and it is coated with Teflon the steal and "hose" so I thought I remember VIC says NOT to lube your cable
But if it is smoother now THEN GOOD ON YA .....

OP VJ, i like the picture and idea but I think it is more to tinker around then solving a problem .... But I think it looks great, small details make a great bike .... Your bike so to speak

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
an hour?...what did you do for the other 50 minutes, its a ten minute job.

·
13,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
think the o-rings are for keeping the lug in the center of the arm nothing more then that.
Pull your clutch in and see if the lug moves sideways.
Just trying to help

·
Registered
365 Posts
Yes it is a 10 minute job if you get my drift but done over an hour doing other things,if you try 10 minutes continuous squirting oil down the cable there would be oil all over the shop.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I never lube the cable inside the casing , I only lube the cable ends .

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
Yes it is a 10 minute job if you get my drift but done over an hour doing other things,if you try 10 minutes continuous squirting oil down the cable there would be oil all over the shop.
Cable shouldn't be lubed,only the ends cleaned and moly greased.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts