Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just stopped by the dealership to see where they were with my clutch replacement. So far the mechanic said he's sent about 20 pictures to Ma Victory and he had just sent another of the inside of the case where it was visibly scarred and close ups of the pieces that exploded. It appears this is something new to them and I'm wondering what they're up to. There is a lot of questions about the clips and the condition they were in when they took the cover off. Could this be an issue they're concerned about? Or just trying to get out of replacing the entire clutch or just the basket??? I'm pushing hard for an entire new clutch set-up.

The parts are still on backorder and I'm thinking about buying a Barnett set-up. I'd be doing that sooner or later. Maybe if I buy the clutch they'll kick in the labor? Anyways, I'm still without a bike and summer is here...

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
The parts are still on backorder and I'm thinking about buying a Barnett set-up. I'd be doing that sooner or later. Maybe if I buy the clutch they'll kick in the labor? Anyways, I'm still without a bike and summer is here...
Buy the Barnett clutch , its way better , you can get one now , the Vic clutch could be on B/O for a year knowing Vic . Try to get a financial comp out of Vic and get the bike back on the road , to me right now riding would be priceless . Good luck , I would be fuming every minute that passed over this.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Buy the Barnett clutch , its way better , you can get one now , the Vic clutch could be on B/O for a year knowing Vic . Try to get a financial comp out of Vic and get the bike back on the road , to me right now riding would be priceless . Good luck , I would be fuming every minute that passed over this.
sactly what he s aid...

·
Banned
471 Posts
Just stopped by the dealership to see where they were with my clutch replacement. So far the mechanic said he's sent about 20 pictures to Ma Victory and he had just sent another of the inside of the case where it was visibly scarred and close ups of the pieces that exploded. It appears this is something new to them and I'm wondering what they're up to. There is a lot of questions about the clips and the condition they were in when they took the cover off. Could this be an issue they're concerned about? Or just trying to get out of replacing the entire clutch or just the basket??? I'm pushing hard for an entire new clutch set-up.

I just had the Barnett install by KMC...kyle realy knows his stuff when it comes to the barnett...there's are some modification that need to be made to make it work properly. FYI I did not go with the Scorpion. ..from what I have learned it does not work the well on the vics...just go with the heaver diaphragm spring. Kyle and Lloydz sell it. IMHO

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts

Id be hitting em up for a brand new replacement bike!
At the very least a replacement bike to ride till they fix yours.

·
13,177 Posts
now if you're the guy that had the fingers destroyed you'll need a whole new clutch set up. Go to your dealer once twice a week and bug him.
The clutch set up can't be on backorder if it was then the factory wouldn't have the part to build the bikes.
Push the dealer for a even up trade in or for a loaner bike. Make him sweat and work for you.
Barnett is a good clutch but the stock one didn't cause the problem if you're the guy with the destroyed fingers.
If you are the guy with the destroyed fingers and the snap ring came out of the grove or was never seated in the grove that was your problem not the plates.
When did you take it to the dealer. Its only been a week I think and Vic works slow but don't go for this BS of back order

1 - 9 of 9 Posts