Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '03 Vegas. About 3 years ago I had to replace the clutch cable. It's broken again - snapped at the lever. I'm being told that Victory is recommending that the lever be replaced along with the cable. They're saying that the Vegas needs a new lever when the cable is no longer the original because the old lever will wear on the cable and break it. Does anyone know about this? Is a new lever something that will really make a difference? (They want $100 for the lever. Am I being suckered?)

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
I can't answer but am interested to see the replies. I do know that the clutch cable seems to be a weak spot in the design before the hydraulic clutch in the later models. I have several riding buddies who have had clutch cables break on them.

·
13,185 Posts
Check the hole in the lever is it round and how well does the brass barrel fit in it?
If the hole is out of round and the barrel fits sloppy then I would say yes replace.

You have to lube the cable end up there more often then you think. With dust and road dirt and washing it be comes dry and binds.
You should spray it with a good lube of your choice. Not wd40 it doesn't last.
Its really to bad that victory doesn't put a eyelet end on there cables then they would not bind and brake.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts