Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The service manual calls for Molly Paste to lube the clutch lever. Does anybody know where this can be acquired at a local store, or do I need to order it? Or is there something else that is acceptable? I've read a few posts if cables last a good while. What do those that have experienced use?

Also I have read it's a good idea to lube the two points on the shifting lever. For those that do this, what do you use?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Clutch lube

Here's a shot from the manual.
I just bought a can of moly lube from the local auto parts store.
Rolled the shift lever at the case to the right, this will give you enough slack to get the cable end out of there, and enough slack to get the clutch handle out.
You will see there is a smear of grease on the top and bottom of the clutch handle. Just put a small smear of fresh lube there. Put some grease on the ball end of the clutch cable at the handle, then put it back together.
Pull the slack down, grease the ball end at the tranny case, connect the cable, and roll the pivot arm back to the left.

Attachments

·
13,251 Posts
The real trick is to use something that might last.
I pulled my clutch lever off by unbolting the one bolt. I cleaned every thing and re lubed with wheel bearing grease.
Mind you not a lot but a good even amount.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts