Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just brought home a new CC today and after riding about 20 miles pulled her into the driveway and noticed a little chatter while bike was in neutral and running. Is this normal? When riding it's gone. It didnt make this noise when I started it at the dealer and warmed it up before bringin her home. :confused:

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Just brought home a new CC today and after riding about 20 miles pulled her into the driveway and noticed a little chatter while bike was in neutral and running. Is this normal? When riding it's gone. It didnt make this noise when I started it at the dealer and warmed it up before bringin her home. :confused:
It's normal. You just didn't hear it at the dealer. ;)

·
Premium Member
13,276 Posts
Yeah; it's more noticeable once the motor reaches operating temp. It's normal as long as it isn't too loud and only you can be the judge of that.

There is a fix to torque compensator/springs if it's really loud.

·
Registered
545 Posts
While the fact is... "it is normal for that bike" that doesn't necessarily mean it is a good thing or that you should have to put up with it... pay close attention to it and if it is too loud or gets worse have a good bike mechanic adjust the torque comp spring.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys for the feedback. I have 4 bikes and the only one that does the same thing is my 750 honda aero since 2005. When I take it in for it's 500 mile sevice I will have them check it out. Otherwise I'm lovin this ride.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Slickvic welcome aboard. Please try using the "SEARCH" feature for future questions first. You will find the answer to many questions by using it. Your recent question has been hashed around in many threads.

·
Registered
177 Posts
While the fact is... "it is normal for that bike" that doesn't necessarily mean it is a good thing or that you should have to put up with it... pay close attention to it and if it is too loud or gets worse have a good bike mechanic adjust the torque comp spring.
OK...2 problems with this advise.

1. The torque compensator springs are not "adjustable". The dealers are installing different springs and covers to preload the TC a different amount than stock.

2. "A good bike mechanic" can't do the work, unless they work at the dealer, because that's the only ones who can get the parts for the fix. Polaris isn't even giving out part numbers for the parts being changed.

·
Registered
97 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thanks man, After reading that page (Thread) it seems that you just have to stand your ground. Sounds like you did! Appreciate all your help.

The dealer was very easy to work with. He was aware of the noise but didn't know that Victory was working on a fix until I mentioned it to him. He made a call to Victory and the rest was history. Thanks cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts