Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so on my 2012 vegas 35k miles. I recently had to remove the primary and change the shifter fork cause it was getting hung up and not shifting. put it all back together and shifts great. like a new bike. I also chaged my oil from the victory to the amsoil. haven't put 300 miles on it yet and now the clutch is slipping. clutch is adjusted properly. so im thinking the clutch was on its last breath. im looking to get a new clutch but wondering whats a good bang for my buck . im looking at the scorpion clutch from WD but 600 for a clutch ok but is it worth it. has anyone installed and ran these clutchs before

thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
6,084 Posts
Can't help you but SUBSCRIBED for the outcome ....

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
13,003 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have some good mods and tuning. 35k on the original clutch and I ride it hard. yeah the oil is probably making it slip now but only cause the clutch is probably on its way out. im gonna try to change the oil back and see what happens but im gonna end up putting a clutch in it sometime this year. cause of the mileage

·
Premium Member
8,801 Posts
Im at 60K miles, modded and ride hard too, my clutch is still fine but Im having shifting problems since a dog put me down the road on lhs wrecking shifter and snapping off at case, ratchet was replaced but shifting is ****.
Interested in the outcome on this.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok so I went and talked to my buddy who works on vics. he says that yeah the oil is causing my clutch to slip but that's only cause my clutch is worn out. he says the clutchs normally wear out around 30 to 40k. so im gonna order a clutch. he did say he has installed a scorpion clutch its a hard grabbing clutch but it is hard to pull the clutch handle in cause its a stiffer clutch. he said a stock clutch would work fine in mine and should last another 30 to 40k. but they want 500 just for the plates. lol ummm... no I mentioned the carbon fiber clutch he said it will work fine but might eat the basket up. so im kinda torn on what to get. I would love to know what clutch if any one has use and the pros and cons.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts