Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Over the winter I decided to put a set of apes on my kingpin, now I am having clutch problems. I have the cable adjusted so there is no free play in it, but it still isn't working right. If I pull the clutch in with the bike off and in !st gear it resist rolling forward or back. It feels like the clutch isn't fully disengaging. I haven't put the tank back on so I can't start it. Is this normal, the bike only has 2000 miles on it I can't believe it is broken.

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
you just answered your own question. By adding more cable to your bike, you will have more cable flex. So you will have to tighten it up to get the clutch to disengage. The cable can not move when you pull it in, if it does you will loose adjustment. You will have to look and see if the cable is moving when you pull in the clutch.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Clutch plates may be stuck together from the bike not being used for a while. If this is the case, first time you hit the starter they will break loose and all will be good.

·
13,031 Posts
When bike is absolout cold and only then you can adjust the clutch.
Pull on the "Cable" where it goes into the clutch lever. The cable end should come out of the housing by only a 1/16" to a 1/8" thats all the free play you should have.
Check the cable at the bottom where it hooks up to the clutch arm to see its right.

If you didn't mess with any thing ells you should be go to go and by the way never never try adjusting the cluth when its warm or hot

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Clutch is fine, adjustment is fine. The problem was that I have never felt how the bike moves when off in gear with the clutch pulled in. Once I started it it was fine. Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Glad to hear everything is good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts