Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Vegas with Vic chrome primary cover and Vic hydraulic clutch.

The clutch lever won't return all the way. When engaging the engine, it hangs up at the last inch. However, if I move the clutch pinion at the primary cover by hand, the lever fully returns. (I don't get clutch slip, unless it's pushed really hard when hot.) So originally, I thought the return spring in the slave cylinder was going bad/weak even though it's only 4 or 5 years old. But I also noticed that when I move the clutch pinion all the way so it returns the lever fully, I hear and feel the clutch (rack?) tapping/knocking against the primary cover. Is that abnormal? It's almost like the cover keeps the clutch assembly from completely moving and allowing the clutch lever to return to the full out position...and engage the engine just a tad which can then only be felt when running it hard with WOT.

I won't get to opening it up until next week but not sure that will tell me a whole lot any way. It sounds and feels like a mechanical problem at the cover rather than the slave cylinder. Thoughts? Cuz i really hate the thought of screwing around with the slave cylinder again...it's a cramped work space.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts