Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Clutch replacement on a 2007 Victory Kingpin

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  SportyDoug 
#1 ·
What should I buy to replace the clutch in my 2007 Victory Kingpin think I did not oil is wet clutch did I bought it from

#5 ·
Perhaps I am wrong but I thought all Victory bikes had a single oil reservoir. In other words, the engine oil also lubricates the clutch. This is unlike some Harleys, for example, which have three oil reservoirs (engine oil, primary oil which also lubricates the clutch, and transmission oil). How could the previous owner have not oiled the clutch? This would mean that they did not put in engine oil and the entire engine would have had problems.

#6 ·
Yeah, engine oil is the clutch oil in all Victory models, to the best of my knowledge.

#8 ·
Possible, for sure. The wording is confusing. @Davidloiiselle are you asking about the external pieces of the clutch (lever and/or cable), or the internals within the transmission?

Reactions: visionjohnny
#10 ·
the clutch on the inside of the motor is drenched in oil while the motor is running.
The cable on the outside of the bike you lube the lever end every oil change and you lube the bottom of the cable at the same time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.