Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just like on my bonneville, only easier, removed the switch + "tied" the wires together, heat shrink + put into the casing where it came out of, neatly black taped over original opening. one less possible future issue with an unneeded device!!!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
just like on my bonneville, only easier, removed the switch + "tied" the wires together, heat shrink + put into the casing where it came out of, neatly black taped over original opening. one less possible future issue with an unneeded device!!!
Works great up to 2010. After that you loose shift indicator. 05 and earlier may get engine light

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info kevin, have not rode since as i am fiddling with my MRA speedscreen that fits the hammer as well as my bonnie. i will let you know what happens, if wanted i can reattach it as i left enough wire from the switch, i do like the gear indicator.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
another WORSE issue removing clutch safety switch

rode my 13 hammer today after removing the neutral safety switch KevinX was right on, no gear#'s but N, BUT my rev limiter kicks in almost 2,000 rpm earlier. i checked 1-2+3, third almost hit 4,000 rpm the others slightly lower, i will be reconnecting the wires tomorrow FOR SURE!!!! at least i learned that a bypass will work if your switch fails, very common on my 2012 bonneville, no issues on the bonnie as theres no gear indicator, its a very lo-tech FI bike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts