Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How ya duin' I'm havin' trouble down shiftin'.I pullin clutch,push down shifter ...nothin? To look at da tranny do I have to a drain crankcase?

08 vision tour

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
How ya duin' I'm havin' trouble down shiftin'.I pullin clutch,push down shifter ...nothin? To look at da tranny do I have to a drain crankcase?

08 vision tour
How ya duin'?! :D

Before you look at any trannies, check clutch cable free-play, as per owner's manual. Make sure you check it first thing in the morning, when everything is cold (not after riding it). Also check the shifter rod joints - make sure the ball ends of the shift rod are clean and lubed.

Also, what kind of oil do you have in it, and how many miles ago was it changed?

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
If you wanna look at the transmission you'll have to take the engine out of the bike and split the cases.
The shifting mechanism is outside the cases. That you can look at inside the primary cover.

I suggest not, but hey....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, thanks for input, checked ballrod ends. Cleaned and lubed.guna change da oil again today wit 20w-40 victory oil. Hopin for the best.I'll let ya know,thanks again.

·
13,263 Posts
Tell us how many miles do you have on bike
What have you done to the bike that would affect the tranie not going into gear.
Have you changed the shift linkage or done some kind of adjustment your not telling us

1 - 5 of 5 Posts