Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Brandon and I plan to purchase a 2013 Cory Ness Cross Country this week. I look forward to joinin discussions in the forum

·
12,983 Posts
Hi hope its all what you want. Make sure you get owners book. On Victorys you don't check the oil like other bikes. Check the tires if there cupped or not smooth to the touch get new tires thrown in on the deal cause there not cheap.
A few more post and you can show us photos of your new ride

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi hope its all what you want. Make sure you get owners book. On Victorys you don't check the oil like other bikes. Check the tires if there cupped or not smooth to the touch get new tires thrown in on the deal cause there not cheap.

Thank you for the recommendations. The owner believes he has the owners manual and is checking for it. If he can’t find it, can you get a pdf copy online? How do you check the oil, or do you just change every so many miles? He had the oil changed once a year, most recently at an Indian dealer, but the bike has less than 11k miles on it. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Check oil like SEVERAL other brands you get engine to operating temp. Cool 3-5 minutes. With it sitting up vertical check the oil level. Nothing special about Victory in that. A 2x4 under kickstand will get bike close to level to make it easier if you don't have a wheel chock.

Doesn't hurt to change oil yourself when you get the bike so you have your own baseline for maintenance. Same for brake fluid etc. Applies to all used bikes.

·
Registered
12,158 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Elmvale ON Canada....

Ride safe and enjoy the awesome ride!

Rob

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
That's nice MXCruiser thumb up I forgot about that blue on black CN version, thanks for posting and welcome

·
Super Moderator
4,947 Posts
Nice bike congratulations!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts