Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I know of the 66 page thread. I read it before I bought the power pro. It was however missing one thing. A dyno sheet. I installed the power pro on my bike and it did what I had hoped. Smooth running, better acceleration. Yesterday I had a dyno run on it. Here is the sheet. It's hard to read but I have RPW slip ons. Stage one download and filter. Here's the sheet. 89 hp 105 torque. Afr running between 12 and 13. It didn't just dump fuel richer and richer as some have alleged. All in all I am happy with it. And wished we would have had a sheet like this before.

Attachments

·
13,177 Posts
Like Half Crazy said
The bike has a stage 1 air cleaner and stage 1 download. Does it even need a fuel controller at all?

The run above ONLY shows us wide open throttle. That's all. How does it fuel on tip-in? Cruise? 50% throttle? 75% throttle? Idle?
See, we still only know what is happening at full throttle... and the stage 1 is usually fine at full throttle without ANY fuel controller.

89hp 105 torque? Honestly, you can put a PC-V on a bone stock bike, tune it, and come out better than that.

What have we learned here? Not much... I know that in our discussions this weekend with both a professional Harley/all other brand dyno tuner AND a professional Victory/all other brand dyno tuner, both laugh at the mention of the PowrPro. Either will tell a customer who asks not to waste their money on that and that there are other cheaper and owner tuned options that will give better results.

Oh... this is a bike from this weekend...
Victory Shotgun exhaust
TTI airbox
Timing wheel
Power Commander V

Read 'em and weep... 100 HP and 118 ft-lbs. Stock cams/stock compression/untouched engine.

The moral of the story? Spend your money wisely. If you're paying for dyno time... spend the money on getting the bike tuned instead of on finding out that the air/fuel ratio is 'not too bad' at full throttle (which we pretty much knew anyway).

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awful defensive. I just posted results. Bike runs great. Free dyno run so you get what you get. All sources who say it's a waste of money have a vested interest in telling you that. I don't see a sheet on the bike from this "weekend". And what model was that bike? Again no need to lash out. Not everyone is in search of every last HP. I just wanted the lean pop to go away and tip in to smooth out as well as the lean surge on the hills to stop. It did all of those things.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I know nothing about the cobra but when reading this in the product description, it seems to be the best way to tune:

"Continuously Variable Tuning (CVT) is the key to the remarkable performance the Fi2000 PowrPro delivers PowrPro uses electronic control technology that calculates the bike’s rate of acceleration by reading crankshaft rotation at the flywheel and changes in load just as a dynamometer measures acceleration at the rear wheel PowrPro measures and adjusts fuel flow during acceleration to the injectors in microseconds for super-fast fuel tuning – continuously and automatically; net result: precise EFI tuning now happens in the real world in real time, nonstop, up to 80 times per second. "
"Creates that adjustment to maximum power on every squirt of the injector"

but as said by half crazy, your dyno results prove that the cobra FI doesn't take the best out of the engine as stated in the product description.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
jrp....just run it and enjoy the bike. You have the dyno to prove your running safe afr's and decent power. Posting about it is going to do nothing but rehash the same old **** and end up nowhere.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts