Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used a cobra fi2000 powerpro tuner, and which one fits a 2008 victory vision tour pre?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Let me save you some trouble.. In these forums (all of which I'm a member) the mere mention of that tuner has become rather taboo to the point I'm probably the only lurker brave enough to dive in here and give you a response.

In a nutshell, the cobra unit does something, but nothing like advertised. Cruises with little change and dumps fuel at WOT. For better tuning, and less money, go with a VFC III which can be manually set by you on it's panel, or the AFR Plus, which even has an AFR dial and can be set right from there.

If simply running exhaust and maybe an upgraded filter, those dobeck variants are more broadly praised. The AFR+ is pretty darn new. The VFC III is time proven and probably the most common.

Alternately, there's the Power Commander V option as well, which begins to get more complicated.. Either dyno tune the bike with it, or use a base map with the Auto Tune module.

Good luck. cheers

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
if you want a good tuner avoid the vfc! it will be rich both at low end and top end because it cant take away fuel only add.

my opinion, if your going vfc you may as well go cobra, you will be going pcv eventually anyway!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
The last statement about the PCV I agree. It's arguably the best. Can't wait to have mine done and tuned.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
If you're even contemplating a PCV, and can have it tuned correctly by a pro on a dyno, and have your other mods planned.. Just bite the bullet, get it all done at once, tuned once, and call 'r done. thumb up

·
Registered
105 Posts
So I will be the devils advocate. Just installed my power pro and love it. Don't care how it works or if I am leaving 10 hp on the table. It made the bike operate better. Got it for 400 on two cycle guys. No more lean surge with cruise. I suppose I am going to destroy the bike as I have a stage one download, which if it's anything like my harley stage one, it was all timing and very little fuel. But it runs smoother accelerates better and eliminated most popping. Exhaust tone is deeper and overall I am happy with it.

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
So I will be the devils advocate. Just installed my power pro and love it. Don't care how it works or if I am leaving 10 hp on the table. It made the bike operate better. Got it for 400 on two cycle guys. No more lean surge with cruise. I suppose I am going to destroy the bike as I have a stage one download, which if it's anything like my harley stage one, it was all timing and very little fuel. But it runs smoother accelerates better and eliminated most popping. Exhaust tone is deeper and overall I am happy with it.

I know how you feel. I felt the same way. However, there us more available and I'm gonna have it done right.

I am still running my Cobra and it made a huge reliability and power improvement, but I want to know it's the best it could be.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,185 Posts

Might actually be the one for you with your flash. How's your avg mpg's? WOT power? Mid-range pull? Etc. While I'm a cool-aide drinking dyno-tuned PCV fan, I'm open-minded if a subtle improvement is in fact an improvement for you. I wouldn't recommend it for cams etc, but for a simple stage 1, anything surely has to be better than nothing. Granted in some areas of PCV maps, the tuner may even reduce fueling, which is the thing the dobecks can't do, I've read. Ideal? No. But if she runs ok and blows your skirt up, yeehaw. :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
105 Posts
Avg mpg went down to 42. Wot is better than before. And mid range pull is unbelievable. I don't have any intention of internal upgrades. Maybe a timing wheel. That's it. It runs great right up to the red line.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts