Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to purchase a PC-V! I can't take anymore of the backfiring and popping during upshifts and deceleration! I have tried everything from adjusting the internal pot on the inside of the unit and connecting/disconnecting O2 sensors on the Cobra Power Tuner. What a disappointment! It worked great on my Suzuki M109.

·
Premium Member
13,058 Posts
If you can; try to get the Auto Tune unit that goes with it so you never have to worry about tuning your bike again. You might want to put some cams in someday or change exhausts. The Vic motor does tend to pop now and again no matter what we do but it can be minimized. The Lloydz timing wheel was also a big improvement on my 11 XC so I'm glad you already have that.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you can; try to get the Auto Tune unit that goes with it so you never have to worry about tuning your bike again. You might want to put some cams in someday or change exhausts. The Vic motor does tend to pop now and again no matter what we do but it can be minimized. The Lloydz timing wheel was also a big improvement on my 11 XC so I'm glad you already have that.
Thanks Bob, I think I will get both units. Hey I got my heat shields and they are great! Good quality! I added a little bling to mine, used some chrome door trim around the edge. I will upload a pic tonight.

Mike

·
Registered
848 Posts
Hey Shipmate,
When you get the PC-V call Rylan at the Vic Shop for a map to get you started... I used one of his maps on mine without an Auto Tune and it worked great. KMC and TVS have a pile of tunes from various Dyno runs. Tell them what mods you have and I will bet dollars to doughnuts they have a tune for you that is real close. Save the $300+ for a dyno run when you get your cams.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts