Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mostly ride solo but have a buddy I'll ride with several times a month. We always try to stop somewhere along the way for coffee and pie.

Coffee is a good thing! There is no substitute... IT makes the quality of my life so much better. It's not just the caffeine boost but the aroma and overall taste. And then getting to talk to folks while enjoying this wonderful beverage is an awesome way to bond.

It should be the best blend that you can afford, fairly strong, a little milk, a little sugar, and then enjoyed throughout the day.

I prefer Duncan Donuts and Gevalia traditional roast. Some Folgers blends, some Kroger blends, and sometimes I'll buy the beans and grind them. I have a Bunn maker. Oh! Usually McDonald's has good coffee but been awhile since I've had some. Wonder if they package and sell it.

I will occasionally find a restaurant with very good coffee and it surprises me because most of the time, I prefer my own freshly brewed coffee. I even purchased a french press and this is also a great way to brew freshly ground coffee.

I don't do flavored java or iced coffee. I don't drink cheap stuff, no instant, and nothing that comes out of a monkeys butt even if you were to tell me how truly wonderful it is.

I'll sometimes buy Starbucks when I'm hard up but way too expensive.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Coffee in the morning , Booze in the evening ....thumb up

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Life is too short to drink cheap coffee, or coffee with anything in it but coffee. I likes my coffee and my beer both dark. Gotta drink like a man. I can not understand drinking beer flavored water or standing in line for one of those pricey fru-fru latte things.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Sorry Dill, while coffee is awesome, black as coal like my heart...
milk belongs in babies and sugar belongs in tea.
Agree 100% I like coffee in my coffee.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I got hooked on Americano's sitting at a bar in Cuba many years ago. Espresso watered down a bit and I still think they have the best coffee I've ever had. Do yourself a favour and try a mid-sized double shot. If the beans are well roasted and fresh it's the only way to go. If they want, the ladies can add milk or sugar.

These days it's all decaf though. I used to drink 10 to 16 cups of regular coffee a day sitting in the office. I swear that some days it was so bad that in the morning I couldn't read my own handwriting from the afternoon before. One day the buildup of caffeine put me on the floor. No more caffeine. No coke, no tea, watch the chocolate. Some sodas like Mountain Dew have more than cola's so I always have to watch for it. If some slips by, as it does when baristas don't listen, I will know about it in 45 minutes. Wrecks a perfectly good day.

By the way if you've never tried one of these you may be missing out. https://www.nespresso.com/ca/en/pages/vertuo-machine I've done the espresso machine route and these are much more consistent.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Just for the funny looks I get, I tell everyone that I like my coffee like I like my men, Big, Black, and Strong.

I used to hate Starbucks, thought it was all just pop culture BS. The Caribou near me shut down, so I went to Starbucks. Now I wait in line 15 minutes behind teeny bobbers ordering fru-fru half fat soy double cream frozen BS drinks, just to get a cup of coffee. It's kinda funny when you walk up to the counter and tell them "Venti Bold" and they look at you like they are waiting for you to complete the paragraph order that they normally get.

I don't like Dunkin Donuts or Tim Hortons coffee. I think those tend to be regional and the people in those regions will defend them at all costs. All the while, I think they suck.

McDonalds coffee is normally burnt and served way too hot. I understand that coffee has a perfect brewing temperature of right around 200F. I am OK with that and do not have a problem anywhere else that I go, but when I am stuck going to McDs, I always burn the inside of my mouth. Well, needless to say not too many things have flavor after you have singed your tastebuds.

I have a keurig at home, because I will drink coffee through out the day and right before bed, but didn't want to brew a pot and just have it sitting there burning or getting cold if I only wanted a cup or 2 then. Usually drink Barista Italian Roast at home, but I have tried quite a few including Jet Fuel. It's OK, not a good taste to me though.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Dill, if your coffee is bitter, you either are making it wrong or have yet to acquire a taste for it. DD's coffee is good stuff and if made right will not be bitter.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
I just have to say this sugar does NOT I repeat Not belong in ICED tea. It just doesn't you can go ahead and put it in your coffee but never your tea.
Just try to tell a Southerner not to put sugar in their tea, especially ice tea which they call SWATE TAY. :devil

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
1 - 20 of 69 Posts