Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - Just purchased a new 2011 XC - Picked up on the 4th - have about 250 miles on the bike so far. Went to crank it up this morning to ride to work - was about 38 F - Took about 3-5 minutes to crank. Left work this afternoon (around 78 F) and it cranked just fine. never had this issue with any of my other bikes. Searched the forum - found one other thread but it looks like it had an aftermarket turner (loydz??) installed - Anyone else have this problem. Thinking I need to call the dealer.

Thanks in advance for any help and/or advice!

7of9

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Hi - Just purchased a new 2011 XC - Picked up on the 4th - have about 250 miles on the bike so far. Went to crank it up this morning to ride to work - was about 38 F - Took about 3-5 minutes to crank. Left work this afternoon (around 78 F) and it cranked just fine. never had this issue with any of my other bikes. Searched the forum - found one other thread but it looks like it had an aftermarket turner (loydz??) installed - Anyone else have this problem. Thinking I need to call the dealer.

7of9
I've started and ridden mine in far colder weather. I hope between you and BEOBOB these starting issues will get resolved.

·
Registered
545 Posts

7of9
Read thread about buying a "leftover" bike...

·
13,002 Posts
You say you just bought it.
Every thing is tight give it 500 miles and it will change to your liking

·
Registered
851 Posts
This was the first winter I had my 2010 XR, I bought it last April and it has a little over 6K. It is harder to start on a cold day. Warm days I hit the starter for around 2 seconds. Cold days (upper 20s to lower 30s) its more like 4 to 6 seconds. Not what I would consider a serious issue but I definitely notice the difference.

First couple of times I hit the starter for about as long as I was use to on warm days. It would take me 2 or 3 times to get it started. Then I started to hold the starter a little longer instead.

Thanks for the tip bob, I'll try twisting the throttle a little next time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts