Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i bought a 2010 xr and started reading on the forum, i think its time for a few questions to be asked. the base of all upgrades from what i am learning is the fuel controller, can i add one to a stock engine and later do the upgrades as time and money allows? im looking towards the vfc. also how finicky is the factory fuel mapping, was wondering about removing the weatherstrip around the air box and maybe playing the cutting the mufflers over the winter, but didnt know how much i could do before damaging the engine... so was just looking to get a order of operations for the off season

·
Registered
195 Posts
Lots of different opinions on what it needs.

Other than the trans, i'm generally happy with the engine.
If I keep my CR for the long run, I want to boost the power up. Engine work, or just throw the nitrous kit Llloydz sells for it. Or there is supposed to be a supercharger kit in the works.

My biggest upgrade so far was replacing the seat.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
so was just looking to get a order of operations for the off season
1. Plan a nice trip to somewhere you haven't been, then gather the gear/equipment needed to pull it off, then day dream.

2. Go buy a used sportbike if you want something fast. Sign up for a track day so you'll have somewhere you can use the power and hone your skillz.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Why not have a fast sport bike and a quick cruiser?

·
13,247 Posts
so i bought a 2010 xr and started reading on the forum, i think its time for a few questions to be asked. the base of all upgrades from what i am learning is the fuel controller, can i add one to a stock engine and later do the upgrades as time and money allows? im looking towards the vfc. also how finicky is the factory fuel mapping, was wondering about removing the weatherstrip around the air box and maybe playing the cutting the mufflers over the winter, but didnt know how much i could do before damaging the engine... so was just looking to get a order of operations for the off season
Fuel control are nice but for stock motor you might find little benefit.
If you cut up the mufflers do like most others and un hook your 02's.
Yes remove the weather strip.
All will be fine. Here is a guy in your back yard that Lloydz recommends very highly.
http://thevicshop.com/

·
Registered
45 Posts
This worked great for me:

Stage 1 from Victory - exhaust and remap of ECU
Remove weather strip from airfilter housing
Install LLoydz air filter.

Go ride.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts